Alarm goes off while driving.

haxor

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Anyone advice pls,

Alarm goes off 1 time while driving (@ any speed) for 8-10 second and then stops. However, there's no sign or anything on the gauge that indicates the warning!!!

No "MyKey" active, seat belts are okay!

help me guys.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
what alarm? There are many. Audio alarm? Check to see if your trunk is open. I have had that happen when I inadvertently bumped the trunk button on the console instead of the traction control button. Trunk lid will look closed but not be. Bumps will cause it to break the switch just long enough to chime, setoff a visual then clear. Could also be a misadjusted switch on the hood barely making and breaking over bumps. IF it were a door I would think interior lights would be coming on and off which would be seen at night anyway. If it were seat belts it would continue to chime intermittently every so many seconds unless like me you went through the steps and deactivated that IAW the operator manual. A bad tire pressure sensor will flag the tire sensor indication. Low tire pressure may be a culprit but doubtful. There are many MAYBE's.

Is the car completely stock? How many mile/KM's on the car? Oil change due? Any fluids low? Low on gas? That will cause a chime to occur but again low fuel light will come on.

I suggest video recording the dash so that you can see if there is a visual alarm that pops up and goes away before you have a chance to see it. and do the recording in the late hours (dusk) so that any visual indicators show up better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back