I need some brembo brake bleeding help

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
We had a very similar thing happen to my friends Terminator, stumped us for quite sometime. We tried everything we could think of after figuring out it was an air pocket, like stomping on the breaks trying to activate the anti locks. We ended up taking it to our local Les Schwab tire center and they ran the solenoids with a scan tool for free.

I guess most tire shops that do break jobs have these tools for that reason and usually charge a whole lot less, sometimes free, as was the case for us, instead of having to deal with the Ford dealers and their bullshit.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Update. I decided to look at the car again. Last night I bled the master cylinder using the Motive Power Bleeder. Then I took the car out for a diver making about six 60-0 mph aggressive stops using full pedal pressure, making sure the ABS activated on each stop. I put it back in the garage and used the power bleeder to bleed the brake calipers again. When I got back to the garage, I noticed the rear brakes were very hot while the front brakes were just barely above ambient temperature.

After bleeding the calipers again I took the car back out. Braking force seemed to be increased and repeating the 60-0 max pedal effort stops resulted in a much more aggressive activation of the ABS, so clearly it did something. It would appear I'm on the right track. Today I'm going to check with the dealer to see what they will charge to bleed the ABS system for me. With the help of a person on the coyote facebook page, I've also located an IDS scan tool on ebay that he says he used for the same purpose.

So, we'll see what happens today.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Programming keys. I bought it to program keys. Dealer wanted 150 to do it. Can also program gauge clusters.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Update: The dealer quoted $400 to service bleed the ABS. I'm out on that one.

Fortunately, I found someone on the local car Facebook group that has a Modus scan tool. He offered to plug it in and put it in bleed mode for me while I bleed them again all for $25. So I'm going to do that this Saturday.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update: The dealer quoted $400 to service bleed the ABS. I'm out on that one.

Fortunately, I found someone on the local car Facebook group that has a Modus scan tool. He offered to plug it in and put it in bleed mode for me while I bleed them again all for $25. So I'm going to do that this Saturday.

That dealer is full of shit, and the entire staff should be beaten over the head with a large, dead trout.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
The unfortunately part is that's where I've always gone. They've been good to me and they have the only dealer tech that I want messing with my car (he's not ham handed). It seemed like that was way too much, but whatever.

Chriss_302

Reaction score
Hate to resurrect an old thread but.....

OP you need to bleed ALL your brakes correctly, start with this method:

Rear Right
Rear Left
Front Right
Front Left.

I do the old fashioned method, have someone pump and hold the brakes, open bleeder, close bleeder and release pedal.

If pedal feels mushy, you still have air in the system.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back