Skwerl's New Hot Rod part 2

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well, it's a baby compared to my current truck. My old one is 30K lbs and has a 60' working height. This one is about 20K lbs and has a 42' working height.

gt_32750

Reaction score
Well, it's a baby compared to my current truck. My old one is 30K lbs and has a 60' working height. This one is about 20K lbs and has a 42' working height.

Brian,

Do you have an e-mail or phone number where I can send you a message?

Thanks,
Greg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Brian,

Do you have an e-mail or phone number where I can send you a message?

Thanks,
Greg

Yes but I prefer not posting it online. Just something I've never done since getting on the internet 15 years ago. However it looks like you're local to me. I'm heading over to Lowe's to get a burrito from Fransisco at the taco cart in front of the store. If you show up about 1:00-1:15 I'll buy you the best burrito you've ever eaten.

gt_32750

Reaction score
Yes but I prefer not posting it online. Just something I've never done since getting on the internet 15 years ago. However it looks like you're local to me. I'm heading over to Lowe's to get a burrito from Fransisco at the taco cart in front of the store. If you show up about 1:00-1:15 I'll buy you the best burrito you've ever eaten.

Darn, just seeing this message now - looks like I missed out, and now I really, really want a burrito ;-(.

I left a message on your profile under "user notes", but I'm not even sure what that is. I understand your position on the publicizing your contact information, and it wasn't my intention to create a big mystery. Just wanting to inquire if you would be interested in doing some tree work at my house in Longwood, and I didn't know any other way to contact you.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Be happy to look and see what you need. The board here briefly restricts new users in order to combat spam, but after a few more posts you'll be able to use the 'private message' feature.

And Fransisco wasn't there today. It's a love/hate relationship because his food is sooooo good and his reliability is sooooo bad.

Edit- Looks like you have PM privileges now. Sent you my number.

Last edited:

gt_32750

Reaction score
Be happy to look and see what you need. The board here briefly restricts new users in order to combat spam, but after a few more posts you'll be able to use the 'private message' feature.

And Fransisco wasn't there today. It's a love/hate relationship because his food is sooooo good and his reliability is sooooo bad.

Edit- Looks like you have PM privileges now. Sent you my number.

Got the PM - thanks. Looks like you'll have to make another trip to Lowes in hopes of scoring a burrito. There is always something to buy for the money pit.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
this thread is useless without photos of burrito, burrito enjoyment. Can they sell beer there?

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Damn I just had a crappy quesadilla and now your teasing me with burritos, I need to go back to Cali, Canada doesn't have good Mexican food

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
this thread is useless without photos of burrito, burrito enjoyment. Can they sell beer there?

IMG_0003.jpg

:party52:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Wow, I guess my lack of updates here really show just how little I care about this car. I didn't even post the new wheels and tires here that I put on back in February.

Anyway, I think I'm going to begin the process of de-modding the car and preparing it to sell. I really do not enjoy driving it very much, the seats are uncomfortable and the road noise is terrible. I would much rather drive my 2002 F150 because it's a lot more comfortable.

I also have a lot of debt right now after buying another bucket truck and it's a bit overwhelming. I got in deep enough to scare myself and need to eliminate some debt to get back into my comfort zone. I'm going to pull the wheels/tires, driveshaft and suspension stuff and return to stock. Not sure yet on the MGW shifter but if somebody makes me a good offer then I'll pull it.

This is not a 'for sale' thread, just a heads up in case anyone wants to talk me out of it.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, I guess my lack of updates here really show just how little I care about this car. I didn't even post the new wheels and tires here that I put on back in February.

Anyway, I think I'm going to begin the process of de-modding the car and preparing it to sell. I really do not enjoy driving it very much, the seats are uncomfortable and the road noise is terrible. I would much rather drive my 2002 F150 because it's a lot more comfortable.

I also have a lot of debt right now after buying another bucket truck and it's a bit overwhelming. I got in deep enough to scare myself and need to eliminate some debt to get back into my comfort zone. I'm going to pull the wheels/tires, driveshaft and suspension stuff and return to stock. Not sure yet on the MGW shifter but if somebody makes me a good offer then I'll pull it.

This is not a 'for sale' thread, just a heads up in case anyone wants to talk me out of it.

Sell it, get back to your comfort zone and buy yourself another bullett

Btw my new ram 2500 is my preferred comfort daily driver as well love it

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm a wheel whore, what can I say?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Shipping will cost a fortune. I'm not planning on shipping them unless the buyer pays for that. May need to put them on a pallet and ship them LTL.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Paint it Highland Green and throw some Bullitt rims on that sucker. Maybe that'll help. Every time I think about throwing a blower on mine, I think about what happened to yours. I know I'd wrap it around a telephone pole eventually.

I know what you mean about your comfort zone. Looking at buying a house at 47 years old and my zone is gonna shrink.

gt_32750

Reaction score
Lately I've been thinking the same thing, and I think I know what's causing it. We've both become those old dudes that we used to make fun of, you know, the ones that complained about exhaust that's too loud, cars too low to easily get in and out of, uncomfortable seats, etc. LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back