Hankook RS-4

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
It's time for a new set of HPDE tires and I came across the RS4 earlier today.

It seems that most people are pretty pleased with the RS3 but I'm curious if anyone on this forum has any thoughts or expectations for the RS4s?

I'm also waffling back and forth on the size I should go for. I have APEX EC-7 18"x10" wheels all the way around my '09 and currently run NT-05s in 295/35/18 which seems to be the perfect size but very limited on options.

It looks like the RS-4 will come in a 285/35/18 and a 295/40/18.

Does anyone have experience with the 295/40/18 size on s197s?

For reference, I'm running FRPP adjustable shocks/struts with the 1" P springs.
Wheels are the aforementioned APEX EC-7s with 43mm offset.

Thanks!
Austin

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
I had the RS3s on my car and they were great, I had no complaints. With that confidence, I had no reservations about the new tire. I have a set of 275-40R18 RS4s sitting in my garage waiting to be mounted. They will see track time at the end of this month and will be able to provide feedback then.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Not even a good test. Where was the track test for RS4?

Fake news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BigBlue05

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely interested in these too. I just got myself a dedicated autox wheel set up, now I'm just looking for tires. Split between the Bridgestone re-71s and the RS 4. Definitely liking the 285/35r18 size for the RS 4.

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Second day out here at COTA on the RS-4s. I went with the 285/35/18s.

Very impressed so far. Chin Motorsports does some very long sessions and the tires have yet to show signs of heat checking and the performance was very predictable.

I did spin in the rain this morning.... but probably not the tires fault :)

Overall very happy compared to the NT-05s I was running. Those tires seem to have a very narrow band of 'optimal' temperature conditions being slippery when too cold or too hot. In the sweet spot the NT-05s were great but that was like lap 2 and 3 of a 7 lap run lol

Austin

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
I had the RS3s on my car and they were great, I had no complaints. With that confidence, I had no reservations about the new tire. I have a set of 275-40R18 RS4s sitting in my garage waiting to be mounted. They will see track time at the end of this month and will be able to provide feedback then.

My impression of the RE4 is very similar to the RS3. Great grip, great wear (so far) definitely do not like cold or like to be cold. I ran them at about 32-33 PSI, once they were up to temperature they stayed at the PSI coming off track after 25 mins. Gave great feedback as well. We are considering them for our AER car for the warmer months of summer.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Rs4 was only tested at an autocross?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BTD

*Insert Title Here*
Reaction score
From everything I've heard, they're just better versions of the RS3. They like heat, like slightly higher PSI (at least my RS3's did), and are sticky and wear well for what they are. Well suited for a big car like our mustangs.

BigBlue05

forum member
Reaction score
Just got these in a 285/35r18 size. Going to get them on soon with an event later in the month. I'm excited to get these things on. They're closer to a 295 according to tire rack and they look larger than 285's I've had before, haven't measured them yet though.

Hulk_smash

Reaction score
It's time for a new set of HPDE tires and I came across the RS4 earlier today.

It seems that most people are pretty pleased with the RS3 but I'm curious if anyone on this forum has any thoughts or expectations for the RS4s?

I'm also waffling back and forth on the size I should go for. I have APEX EC-7 18"x10" wheels all the way around my '09 and currently run NT-05s in 295/35/18 which seems to be the perfect size but very limited on options.

It looks like the RS-4 will come in a 285/35/18 and a 295/40/18.

Does anyone have experience with the 295/40/18 size on s197s?

For reference, I'm running FRPP adjustable shocks/struts with the 1" P springs.
Wheels are the aforementioned APEX EC-7s with 43mm offset.

Thanks!
Austin

The RS4 seem a bit wider than my old RS3. I have 285/35/18 currently.

It'll look great on your APEX wheels.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back