First outing with the paxton

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Hello everybody, the 1/8th mile track I go to all the time finally opened up yesterday for the first time this year, and my car ran great especially being on the first tune from Mike Rousch. Just for information purposes the track's DA was at a minimum of 8700' even though it was a bit chili, and last year before my car had the blower, the car ran a best of 8.2 at around 83-84 mph with a best 60' time of 1.74

Aside from the blower, I switched from my quick time pros that I had left over from my manual 2012 car, to some MT radial pros (which worked great), and I also installed a Steeda poly upper control arm bushing into the rear's housing. Also the front sway bar is now off the car, and a BMR radiator support was installed while doing the blower.

First run out, I ran a 7.2@ 97mph, and made three more runs with very similar results with 60's being in the 1.6 range. my best pass of the day ended up being a 7.1@the same speed. So, pretty much shaving off a solid second in the eighth is what the blower netted me, so I'm pretty damn excited. Not too bad with very little suspension work, a nice stall, and running in 8500' air. I know at the end of the day I had a fist full of white time-slips with only one yellow!!!

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I know the times sound pretty dismal compared to most others, but from comparing what I see at this track, the car screams!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice, corrected for DA that would be a high 10 second pass

skaarlaj

Reaction score
nice, corrected for DA that would be a high 10 second pass

nice passes, congrats!

Thanks guys, now I need to add some more fuel to the tune, and start turning up the boost. I have to check the gauge I'm using against another pressure gauge to see if I'm truly only getting 8-9 psi currently. I'm thinking anything under 12 would be safe, especially in a short 1/8th mile race. I've fooled with quite a few cars over the years, and have never had easier results compared to this car. Up to this point I sort of wish I would've tried some more stuff with my 2012 manual, but now that this car is boosted, surely the 6R80's the only way to go from here on out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back