Planning a Ford Racing “Aluminator” Build with associated mods over the winter

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of those ???

Terry

Sorry no pictures yet Terry as seats are currently in winter storage at MattD's shop. Will definitely post some when I pick them up for the install.

I saw that x brace, if I didn't have young kids I would totally do a seat delete. But since They enjoy a cruise with their dad I was wondering if you sold the old rear seats or still have them? Or would be willing to sell them?

I kept them but have no plans sell them.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
noice....

wish they had done a bluetooth dongle for the 2v setup, but not worth it to me for a full control system swap.

Only problem was occasionally the software hangs on startup, so I setup a rocker switch in the footwell just beside the obd2 port, so if it ever hangs I can flip it off and back on

Wes even though I am in Canada I got a pretty good Black Friday deal on my 3P Kit from a local dealer. Having said that there are components in the kit that should be optional for those converting from an Autopilot 2V system, the 60' of air line for example.

On my 2V system I have never experienced a problem during startup. Did you wire your harness directly to your battery? Anyone else have this issue?

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Ah so it was you that bought those seats, they seemed like a good deal. I was unsure if they would bolt up or need different mounts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nick if you are referring to the used ones was not me, I got new ones from DaSilva Racing. They are not a direct bolt in. Modifications need to be made at both the front and rear. Rear is simply a matter of removing a locating pin on the rails. Front is a little more complex as the 15+ seats bolt from the top of the rail not the front of the rail. Not too big a deal, but I am more concerned with getting the wiring sorted out for the side air bags etc.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have had an Optima Yellow Top trunk mounted battery installed since April 2013, my car is not a DD and can sit for prolonged lengths of time. Because it sits I installed a under hood power point for a trickle charger. I am also nursing the original OEM alternator, so far so good even with a number of mods including two VIAIR compressors, AFCO HE with dual fans, Meziere 55gpm electric water pump and Meziere 20gpm IC pump. With this additional load I have a PA Performance 200A 6G alternator waiting patiently to be installed as part of my conversion to 8-Rib.

Pending the 8-Rib install I thought it would be prudent to install a Voltmeter to keep an eye on the battery.

A 3/16” pilot hole, a 2” hole saw in a drill press and a little clean up with a round file did the trick for mounting the 2-1/16” Auto Meter Ford Racing series Voltmeter (PN 880081) in the battery box lid. I added a toggle switch on the positive lead to activate the voltmeter.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of those ???

Terry

Sorry no pictures yet Terry as seats are currently in winter storage at MattD's shop. Will definitely post some when I pick them up for the install.

I kept them but have no plans sell them.

Terry I have not forgotten about you, picked up the seats yesterday and will snap a couple of pics shortly.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry I have not forgotten about you, picked up the seats yesterday and will snap a couple of pics shortly.

Looking forward to seeing them.
icon14.gif

Terry

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally completed the install of a Fore Innovations Vacuum/Boost manifold. Was interesting as things are pretty tight in the engine bay/firewall. Used the manifold for one vacuum/boost source for:
• TurboXS and Vortech Blow Off Valves
• Fuel Rail Pressure Switch
• Auto Meter Vacuum Boost Gauge Sending Unit
• Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
• Honeywell Pressure Switch

Manifold hidden on the firewall.

Honeywell Pressure Switch – activates the second fuel pump via the FC3 controller under boost.

Turing to the fuel system I removed the OEM hard line from the filter to the frame rail and the Russel 8AN line from the frame rail to the Y-Block. These lines were replaced with a Fore Innovations FCV Check Valve and an 8AN line to the new fuel filter. Also roughed in an 6AN return to the tank from the Aeromotive Pressure Regulator.

FCV Check Valve

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Started by disconnecting the battery and pulling the Fuel Pump Relay from position 21 in the BEC. Removed the plastic panels from the trunk, interior and passenger fender to remove the GT500 harness. Removed the second FPDM and the relay.

I had previously competed the under hood work for the return style system. I added a Y-Block feed from the OEM steel lines via a Russell adapter, a feed to the front of the fuel rails from the Y-Block and a return from the rear of each rail to a fuel pressure regulator. The exiting return line port was blocked at this point.

Fore hat, harness with Walbro pumps.

I original acquired a Fore Innovations FC2 controller without realizing that with the FC2 Controller both pumps would run constantly even when only one pump was required. Running both pumps 100% of the time would heat the fuel obviously more than required and I decided to replace the FC2 Controller with an FC3 Staged Controller and Honeywell Pressure Switch. With the FC3 Controller and pressure switch the second pump would be activated when boost exceeds 5 psi.

Original FC2 Controller.

Removed the two cap screws securing the cover of the FC3 Controller with 3mm Allen wrench.

Pulled the three 25AMP (white) fuses and replaced them with 20AMP (yellow) fuses appropriate for my Walbro GSS432 pumps.

Determined the routing, measured lengths, cut and “tinned” the ends according to the Fore Innovations instructions of the 4 gauge chassis ground and power cables.

FC3 Controller mounted.

Ran the power cables for the pumps to the Fore hat. Cable length was perfect from my FC3 mounting location.

GT500 pump removed, fuel level sender transferred over to the Fore pump and Fore pump slipped in after placing a little oil on a new O-Ring.

Started with the supply line routing from the Y-Block/Check Valve to the fuel filter.

Ran the supply line almost straight down and then back to the fuel filter. Under the car I removed the OEM fuel lines and followed the original OEM path back to the tank. Had to cut the OEM rear line from the filter to the tank because some clown welded in sub frame connectors that were in the way.

Added the return line following the OEM fuel line path.

Used the OEM location and mount for the new fuel filter.

Secured the supply and return lines with Adel clamps as required under the car.

Reinstalled the front and rear plastic panels.

8AN supply and return lines heading up to the pumps. Getting the lines with fittings installed feed up and connected is definitely a two person job.

Lines attached at the pump.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As always, very nice work Scott! Which fuel filter is that you're running?

Thanks Kyle, it was a bit of a struggle to get the 8AN lines pushed up with fittings on them. I wrapped them in tape but the finish on the fittings took a beating before I was done. Filter is Aeromotive part number 12301. I bought the filter and an Aeromotive Pressure Regulator from a forum member years ago. I would have jumped at your Fore Filter but the Aeromotive one fit so nicely in the OEM filter mount.

That looks really clean.

Matt thank you!

Now that is a very clean and professional job. Congrats.

Thank you Sir!

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had to make a slight adjustment in the supply line routing as that straight down approach did not allow the plastic splash panel to fit properly.

Old routing.

New routing with the line moved over a few inches.

Rear splash panel fits like a glove.

Cover, power harness and sender wires installed. Yet to test the sender to see if the wires need to be reversed.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sender would not work period.

Dropped the tank this time to pull the pump module and I will never do this job again without dropping the tank as it made it much easier to re and re the pump.

Turns out the metal rod had slipped out of the sender body. Clicked it back in, reinstalled the pump and viola we have a functioning fuel level sender.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Won "Best of Show" yesterday at the Ontario Mustang Club and Fines Ford Lincoln, 2017 All Ford Show.

Hit something when parking the Mustang, never did figure out what it was.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Congrats again! Both on finally fixing the sending unit issue and winning another event, you certainly deserve it with all the attention to detail you put into your car.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back