On3 turbo kit education

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
<cough cough mcleod dual disk>

oh sorry what was that? hah

yea having a spare car is godsend to working on cars.
Make sure you have the proper hoses and fittings before tearing stuff apart. Get the brass fittings not plastic for the heater hoses, seen a couple of them deform and start leaking only to have to pull it all apart to replace.

fonz3482

Reaction score
Well I called another shop today. They said they have done a DOB supercharger before and it's quite time consuming and very tedious. They figured 25-30hrs and $3k for install. If I ins it and they tune it they want $1200-$1500 to run the car on the dyno and tune it. Sooo those prices are kinda crazy.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hahahaha fuck that noise.

Get lito to tune it, will be great.
Just install it yourself. read through the PDF about 4 dozen times, read install threads, read posts on DOB group on FB. Those prices are stupid as shit

fonz3482

Reaction score
Yea, I thought it was way out of line both for the install and tuning. I've spoke to Lito and he is very reasonable and definitely in my price range. Things are coming together. Now just to finalize a place to work on the car. Hopefully my old friend comes through and let's me work in his shop.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since you live in NY, be aware of the possible issues with getting your annual inspection. Sounds like you are leaning DOB, but if you are looking at the On3 still, don't forget to consider the ramifications of the visual portion of the emissions inspection.

You would have much less trouble, if you have any, with the DOB.

Also, have you been to a MOM's race at Empire Dragway? Longest continuously running all Mustang drag series in the nation. Going on 23 years now.

fonz3482

Reaction score
I'm ok on inspections. I have raced my old 89 fox body in the MOM series at Empire and gone to several of their test and tune nights. Unfortunately I haven't been out there in a long time so I'm not sure my car will even hit the track. It would be nice to see what times it runs before and after though.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This season just started with the invitational last Friday. First points race is the 16th. In the years I haven't been able to race I go watch.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back