Steeda x brace rear seat delete tack welded?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I recently bought the steeda x brace. The one that deletes the rear seats. Everything seems to be just tack welded except the ends of the tubing where it connects to the brackets. The part I'm most concerned is where the smaller tubes connect to the center plate. One side has a gap and just tacked four times. Is this normal? Did they possibly forget to finish the welds?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I really like this brace but this part of it bothers me. Considering taking it to a welder to put a nice bead around all the joint but scared they will have terrible welding skills.

Buying a welder, Teaching myself how to weld, and welding in my apartment is out of the question

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having a good welder put a full bead on for peace of mind.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I would hope that any reputable welder in your area would be able to lay down a good-looking, simple bead around two metal tubes. And if they weld looks like total crap, which I would highly doubt, you can always clean it up with a grinder before you paint it.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not entirely sure what Sky is referring too ... send me a few pictures so we can see what it looks like - I will send to our head of manufacturing for review.

We have made a significant investment in our manufacturing & in quality - manufacturing under ISO 9001:2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox1M-BbBKHA

Best Regards,

TJ

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Not entirely sure what Sky is referring too ... send me a few pictures so we can see what it looks like - I will send to our head of manufacturing for review.

We have made a significant investment in our manufacturing & in quality - manufacturing under ISO 9001:2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox1M-BbBKHA

Best Regards,

TJ

Hey there, I'll get a snapshot for you today when I'm out in the garage. Thanks for the response.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I can see them only being tack welds as it is purley a appearance modification. If it looks clean, leave it alone. Do you have any pics?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Seems odd to me. With a company as large as Steeda it is unlikely to happen. However it is possible that one slipped through. Get TJ the pics ad I an sure they will get to the bottom of this for you.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
e67ba3f61fb696552d664f08b4b2e298.jpg

faef9789f312b1553e448b97310c8cdd.jpg

These are where the smaller tubes attach to the center plate. One tube is pushed flush and resting on the plate. The other however is floating over the plate with just tack welds holding it. About 2mm gap. I would think these would have a full bead wrapped around just like on the ends where they connect to the mounting plates.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I can see them only being tack welds as it is purley a appearance modification. If it looks clean, leave it alone. Do you have any pics?

I agree 100%.

This is pretty much an appearance mod. It might add a teeny weeny bit of structural rigidity to the chassis, but it's really just to look cool (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!).

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Ive seen a few images where those small pipes are welded all the way around.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
We'll if it's an appearance mod I would want it to at least look strong too.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
The images on Steeda's web site shows the center section where those two tubes meet the plate as being fully welded.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
The images on Steeda's web site shows the center section where those two tubes meet the plate as being fully welded.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Thank you for confirming. Hopefully they will send me a new one.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Rapture,

I will send this through to manufacturing - I didn't see any photos in my email so I will use the ones above.

TJ

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
They will get you situated. That is why e-mail is best. Public forums don't always get monitored by manufacturers depending on sales volume. Don't always have time to do such.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back