What have you done to your mustang today?

SilverSport

Reaction score
installed repaired instrument cluster (thanks Circuit Board Medics), changed oil to Mobil 1, cleaned throttle body (huge change in idle smoothness) as it was filthy from previous owner and changed fuel filter (nice upgrade in run ability)...

Bill

Last edited:

SilverSport

Reaction score
2nd wash and detail ...hard to believe it looks this good...still has finish work needed but this is totally serviceable...(looks better in the photo)

Bill

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1cd.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1cd.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 31

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
The best sounding exhaust on these cars is the GT500 style mufflers. The issue is the volume. Needs to be 2-3x louder than it is. Nicer rolled tips would be a plus there too.

Exhaust on these cars is a matter of trade-offs. Had these Borla S on the car for a bit now. I love the tips. The idle, light part throttle, and WOT sounds good. No drone. Bit louder than the GT500 at least @ WOT.

These things still don't sound great to me at heavy part throttle. There is some rasp there and I am not a big fan of that type of sound. I can't imagine the ATAK series, probably sounds like outlaws but minus the drone. Not sure really but at the cost of buying/selling these exhausts I can't afford to mess with it any more.

Honestly wondering if I could get some aftermarket tips for the GT500, have them welded on, and then I might just put them back on the car and sell the Borla S.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Replaced the right front O2 sensor, let down the harness to eliminate the extender. hopefully my left front sensor doesn't get screwed up soon, because it has an extension too. I do have a new one ordered from Tasca, so I don't get locally raped on the price again if the bastard goes bad right before a race weekend, lol!

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Went to visit my toy 2 weeks ago and this is where it was sitting at that point.
20170411_1724581_zps6o3bjec4.jpg

20170411_1725131_zpsngymm6g0.jpg

20170411_1725251_zpslp9msug0.jpg

Went back in last Saturday and she was in much better condition, just waiting for the last gasket for the blower lid.
20170520_1318381_zpsivzawaft.jpg

teeje

Reaction score
Took the wheels off and cleaned em good and painted the calipers and blacked out the truck gt emblem. Oh, and waxed it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SilverSport

Reaction score
was able to get my MAF sensor off and clean it (one of the screws was rounded out)...found out that my R-13 was nearly empty (unlike what I thought before) and ended up adding a 20 oz can of A/C Pro and more than 12 oz more...compressor is working as it should and the air is ice cold again...

Bill

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
What do you have in it?

Still just a 4.6L but got the short block from Coast High Performance, it is there Pro Street Kit, then added stage 3 livernois heads, stage 2 blower grind cams, the long tubes and a bunch of other goodies. Bumped the blower up to 10-12psi from the 7 I was running before so it should be fun until I can look into a better blower and really work the engine.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Are you going to be reinstalling your Airaid CAI with the Saleen blower ? I'd still like to know how you got the Airaid tube to clear the alternator after being re-located as required by Saleen with their alternator re-location bracket..

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Are you going to be reinstalling your Airaid CAI with the Saleen blower ? I'd still like to know how you got the Airaid tube to clear the alternator after being re-located as required by Saleen with their alternator re-location bracket..

That is the plan and my builder is assuring me it will work so should know in a week or 2 hopefully. Still the same bracket and such that was in there before with the blower but just a new alternator on it now.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
That is the plan and my builder is assuring me it will work so should know in a week or 2 hopefully. Still the same bracket and such that was in there before with the blower but just a new alternator on it now.

I'll be looking forward to your progress.. Hopefully your builder will provide details about the Airaid CAI being compatible with the Saleen blower along with clearing the alternator with the Saleen re-location bracket in place..

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Ordered a set of the Steeda S197 jacking rails.
Like that they bolt in, and at the sale price of $118.96 I thought I'd finally buy them

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
Gave it a bath. 5 minutes later the rain that was scheduled for the following day arrived.
Considering trading it for an 07 GT convertible. But the 07 has about 20,000 more on the clock.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back