Ford Racing Shorty Headers

RJdude3

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Ford Racing Shorty Headers? Fitment Issues if any? Part # M-9430-S197. I have an opportunity to pick up a set off the local Craigslist for a good price. I don't see them for sale at any of the website so I'm curious why they are discontinued. Thanks.

RJdude3

Reaction score
Probably due to low sales 'cause they're a waste of money.
If you want headers, go long tubes or go home.

More looking for technical reasons why they are no good. Not looking at long tubes, I really don't want to spend 1K on headers and cats since this is my daily.

I can pick these up for about $200, I know they don't perform as well as long tubes but they are still better than the stock manifolds.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
There a waste of money because they don't flow any better over the "OEM" exhaust manifolds.. Ford designed the 3v exhaust manifolds to be more efficient and less restrictive when compared to the previous 2v design..

That being said, you won't notice any improvement nor benefit over your stock manifolds.. Therefore unless you upgrade to long tube headers, your just wasting your hard earned money on shorties..

And btw: the mods will end up moving this thread, as it does not belong in the tech forums according to the rules..

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
More looking for technical reasons why they are no good. Not looking at long tubes, I really don't want to spend 1K on headers and cats since this is my daily.

I can pick these up for about $200, I know they don't perform as well as long tubes but they are still better than the stock manifolds.

If they are ceramic coated then it will help a little with underhood temps.

I've had them. They fit just fine but I don't think they are worth it unless you are trying to keep heat in like a turbo situation.

IMO the JBA equal length shorties add some power over stock. Like everyone else has said long tubes will be your best bet, especially considering what a pia it is to change the exhaust manifolds.

The short answer is to pass, they won't do a thing.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Pacesetter long tubes are the best bang for the tube when considering tube size and price point. They are right at $300.

46addict

Reaction score

RJdude3

Reaction score
Pacesetter long tubes are the best bang for the tube when considering tube size and price point. They are right at $300.

Wow, that is a great price for long tubes. I wish they made a catted x-pipe however. I dont want to run an off-road pipe because i have flowmaster outlaw mufflers and im afraid my car will just be too loud for my daily. The youtube clips i have seen, those cars sound awesome but are ridiculously loud.

I guess i could through on some universal cats such as magnaflows onto a, off-road x-pipe.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
You can do what Boss did and mid mount a set of mufflers. Itll at least tone it down some.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back