What have you done to your house today

JimC

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a place with a separate mother-in-law suite well isolated from the main living quarters. The more separation the better.
That's one of the things we have been looking for, but haven't found one yet.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Had to have the A/C fixed after 1 day of use. It's on its last legs, hoping it makes it through this year and can replace it next year.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Spent about 7 hours in the yard today, cutting up tree trunks that were cut down a while ago, and we're still cleaning up the yard ... got a lot done, really pleased with the progress.
Damn Jonsered chainsaw keeps giving me a hard time starting, I think it floods very easily. I've had it a couple years, I should probably throw a new spark plug in it, I'm sure it won't hurt. Current one was wet when I took it out.

Lawn mower barely started, there was smoke coming from the starter at one point.
Key turned, the engine would try to turn but it would stop, then try to turn again ... eventually the fucker started and didn't give me any more problems.
Battery is OK, does that sound like the starter's about to shit the bed?
Or something more serious, like the engine itself?

Mower is one of these old Craftsman things, the engine's already been replaced on it about 5-6 years ago now, according to the previous owner:

20170524_tractortrailer1.jpg

And yes, I recently got the little yard trailer for it, love having it, it's proven so useful so many times already !!!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Finished moving out of my town home. 5 days till closing on our new house and then have to wait till mid July to move in (they are renting back). Thankfully my dad is letting me stay in his house

JimC

Reaction score
Made an offer on our new "retirement place" in Winston-Salem, NC. It's bigger than I was planning, and about $30,000 more than I was planning to spend, but we don't have to do anything to it. Many of the places we liked it was a case of 'well we need to redo and extend that landscape wall, change the kitchen counter tops or cabinets ......."

Now to see if it is accepted or if we will be negotiating more.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
A couple days ago we planted 2 flowering pink dogwoods and a cyprus evergreen in-between them in the front yard. The dogwoods were Mother's Day gifts to my fiancee from her son.
A neighbor has some mature ones in their yard and they look absolutely beautiful!!

frt-yard_20170527.jpg

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
My Husqvarna weed eater shut off yesterday while using and wouldn't start back up. It had been running sketchy the past few times. So today I upgraded to a new STHIL. Hardware store even included 6 1 gallon oil mix's and a 2 year warranty. I'm excited.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Spent a few hours in the yard yesterday cleaning up more of the brush left over from when we had trees cut down, and we planted five of the eight 5'-tall evergreen arborvitae trees we bought a few days ago, for the property line between us and one neighbor.
Looks a lot better back there but we still have a lot of work left, inlcuding doing something about the million tree stumps left:

trees_20170529.jpg

This morning I spent a couple hours cutting up some of the bigger trunk pieces left behind, and making a second pile for the craigslist ad (the first, bigger pile I put together a few days ago):

wood_pile_20170529_1a.jpg

wood_pile_20170529_2a.jpg

I had a friend that was supposed to come by this morning and take all this wood away but he blew me off.
Nice that I'm using up my saw and fuel and even gathering it all in nice piles for him and he blows me off.
Nice "friend".

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
A couple days ago we planted 2 flowering pink dogwoods and a cyprus evergreen in-between them in the front yard. The dogwoods were Mother's Day gifts to my fiancee from her son.
A neighbor has some mature ones in their yard and they look absolutely beautiful!!

I debate adding another flowering tree or two to the front yard, there used to be before I bought the house because can still see on certain satellite views and I had to dig out the stumps... but it just adds more things to mow around. The Dogwoods will be beautiful though, I love my Rose-of-Sharon (Hibiscus), it must be really old for this size but it's also looking rough (trunk splits, etc)

ePMtOAxl.jpg

DA1LC3Wl.jpg

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
With the new roof installed, I put a 7800 CFM fan in the attic. Our attic opens into the garage so I put the fan there and it pulls hot air from the attic into the garage. And mostly out the garage vents. Temps in the attic are down about 8 degrees.

It does blow a bunch of lint and crap all over my car though.

JimC

Reaction score
Looks like I bought it - the sellers accepted our last counter offer today. If they hadn't my wife was ready to say let's move on to the one of the back ups. One of the sticking points was that shed - we want it gone, it is press board sides, ugly, and really we have no use for it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back