Tiger Racing Hood after 1 year = :(

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Fiberglass.

On you not getting a response from TR: Paul was my friend. Not just a "hey what's up?" at the track, friend...I mean a "Drunk at his house, arguing with his wife and passing out on his couch" friend. Paul gave me my hood as a gift before I left Cali. I don't want to put out anybody's personal information, but I will say that a tremendous amount of ...well let's just call it "BS"... has come down since Paul's passing. I mean, I can't even begin to explain how much...some of it's just ridiculous. Seriously. Much of it infuriates me in a way I won't even go into.

I understand this isn't an "excuse" for a business, per-se, but just so you don't go thinking they're blowing you off.

It's just rough over there, man.

Your a lucky guy to have been able to chill with Paul. I was only able to talk with him when I went to the shop in Covina because I'm close by or over email. He was a really cool dude. I have not even tried talking to Tiger Racing directly because I'm not even totally sure what is going on over there. I was thinking of writing Carol about my situation but I really don't want to bother her. My letters were sent to John at Chicane23 because I thought he might be able to get me in contact with someone who could give me more info and might be local. In reality I do not know who I could talk to maybe look at the hood and possibly warranty it. I'm just trying out whatever lead I get.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
What is Kenny Brown doing in these matters? Is he taking on any production it rights to the hood?

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
What is Kenny Brown doing in these matters? Is he taking on any production it rights to the hood?

No. Kenny Brown has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY TIGER RACING PRODUCTS.

Fuck that guy. Fuck him in the ass with a rubber dick.

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
what is kenny doing period now a days?

I see always evolving alot in the pirelli series but thats it

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
No. Kenny Brown has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY TIGER RACING PRODUCTS.

Fuck that guy. Fuck him in the ass with a rubber dick.

Where's the bad blood coming from? Kenny trying to Usurp what belongs to his wife?

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
Respectfully, it's not my story to tell, but I'll say this...

After what he did, you literally... and I do mean literally... could not PAY me to put his parts on my car, or not start cursing up a storm when I hear or see his name. Period!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Respectfully, it's not my story to tell, but I'll say this...

After what he did, you literally... and I do mean literally... could not PAY me to put his parts on my car, or not start cursing up a storm when I hear or see his name. Period!

I figured you would say something like that. That's alright. Sounds like "family matters" anyway and not public knowledge. I would imagine Paul wouldn't want it out there.

Last edited:

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Yup Kenny Brown has nothing to do with the hoods. He uses them on his cars along with the the G-stream stuff Paul developed and sells the Boss Street wing Paul developed. Paul had mentioned that KB suspension stuff was good but that all stuff out there is relatively the same. KB was one of Paul's sponsors but he could not use the whole suspension package because of class regulations. If I remember correctly he only used the jacking brace and LCA relocation mounts. I remember this because Paul and I were talking about suspension stuff and he said, "I can get you a really good discount". Unfortunately I did not have enough time to save up and purchase stuff because Paul passed away. He was a real cool dude and always willing to help out.

Osiris

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed, F KB and no one use them or you suck. You should all use ACE motorsports in Oceanside CA. Just some shop ran by some guy named Adam Cox...

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, F KB and no one use them or you suck. You should all use ACE motorsports in Oceanside CA. Just some shop ran by some guy named Adam Cox...

THAT dude... knows his shit. He's got an incredible cred sheet to back it up, too.

Rehagen Racing

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW - Tiger Racing is pretty much back up and running at full capacity.

There was a lot of speculation as to what would happen with the company after Paul passed. For some time there was no product to be had, and no one to call. John at Chicane23 has stepped in to help out as much as he can. Production is back up and running, lead times are down, and product is easily available. They are even looking to produce more new products and finish some that have been on the back burner for awhile.

As far as carbon hoods go, we don't usually recommend them to street users. Our carbon hoods usually last long enough for someone to crash and ruin it. They are great hoods, but are built impossibly thin and light for racing. The few extra pounds you carry in fiberglass are WELL WORTH IT. The fiberglass hoods hold up incredibly well, and aren't as thin as the CF hoods.

I'm sorry that TR was not able to do more for the OP, and we offered as much assistance as we good. We do still believe that the TR is the best available hood for the S197 Mustang, and that overall their quality is excellent.

If anyone has any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us.

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
To supplement the above..

There is roughly a two pound difference between the carbon and glass hoods. The glass hoods are LIGHT. Anyone in NC is free to meet up with me to prove this.

The carbon hood is strong enough to withstand being run over by a 302S, by accident, while pushing it around a garage...ask me how I know...

The issue behind the OP's problem was addressed in later hoods and has not come up again. Still, this is a race piece, and can't really be offered a warranty.

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Tiger Racing is an innovative and stand up team. When purchasing the hood my big debate was which to go with. I had both of the in front of my at Tiger Racing HQ. I mistakingly choose the Carbon Fiber. I did so because my 07 GT 500 is nose heavy enough up front and I figured the less weight up front the better. I knew it was only a couple of pounds difference but I had saved up the cash so why not. My hood has a built date of 10/27/11 would anyone know if my hood was built before or after the revision.

Thanks again Rehagen Racing and Grip for your help and input.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW - Tiger Racing is pretty much back up and running at full capacity.

There was a lot of speculation as to what would happen with the company after Paul passed. For some time there was no product to be had, and no one to call. John at Chicane23 has stepped in to help out as much as he can. Production is back up and running, lead times are down, and product is easily available. They are even looking to produce more new products and finish some that have been on the back burner for awhile.

As far as carbon hoods go, we don't usually recommend them to street users. Our carbon hoods usually last long enough for someone to crash and ruin it. They are great hoods, but are built impossibly thin and light for racing. The few extra pounds you carry in fiberglass are WELL WORTH IT. The fiberglass hoods hold up incredibly well, and aren't as thin as the CF hoods.

I'm sorry that TR was not able to do more for the OP, and we offered as much assistance as we good. We do still believe that the TR is the best available hood for the S197 Mustang, and that overall their quality is excellent.

If anyone has any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us.

Are the prices going to go down? :naughty1:

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
Tiger Racing is an innovative and stand up team. When purchasing the hood my big debate was which to go with. I had both of the in front of my at Tiger Racing HQ. I mistakingly choose the Carbon Fiber. I did so because my 07 GT 500 is nose heavy enough up front and I figured the less weight up front the better. I knew it was only a couple of pounds difference but I had saved up the cash so why not. My hood has a built date of 10/27/11 would anyone know if my hood was built before or after the revision.

Thanks again Rehagen Racing and Grip for your help and input.

No problem, dude. Your hood was actually the mark/cause of the revision. The $750 number, if I'm understanding the situation correctly, was probably for a carbon hood, at cost. Sick deal, IMO.

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
That would be a sick deal on a carbon hood but John was offering me the fiberglass hood at that price. Paul offered me the fiberglass hood at less than the 750.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
I know the tiger racing hood is popular, but this hood that is on Ross Murray's car is pretty cool. http://youtu.be/q6GuqAbfLa4

I don't know if it fairs better with structural integrity vs the TR hood, but I wouldn't mind finding out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back