Raptor shift light off of PCM feed

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
During my turbo build I did a lot of research
I didnt like the idea of tapping into the Coil on Plug wire for a tach
I had two tach feeds I needed to grab
One for the raptor shift light and one for the AEM Wideband gauge
Since I was alreday tearing apart the PCM wiring to install the WOT box,I thought I would give this a try

It works on my 2008 WOOT WOOT

On 2007 and newer cars there is a pin on the ECU labeled CTO (clean tach output) that is not used. There is no “pin” in the plug where the pin comes out of the ECU.

The pin is located in the middle plug on the ECU (the “B” connector). It’s the 50 pin connector. The pin is located at C-25 (it’s labeled on the plug). run the wire from the ECU right to the tach or any feed that needs a tach signal

This PIN #25 will have a dead Plug in it, You will need to remove the dead plug to insert your PIN. We used was from an old Ford harness, they were the same size.

Thats the hardest part ,finding a pin thats the correct size for the PCM Plug

Then set the Raptor shift light to 8 cyl the switches are #1 on and #2 and #3 off

Here is a link to the control pack upgrade the PDF instructions are half way down in the description.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10560

Here is a pic of the PCM connector and pin outs
And a pic of the switches on the raptor, and a couple of pics of the donor plug I used for the pin
Need to set the raptor for 4PPR

Nice and Clean No Tap adapters to mess with , and no tapping into Coils :)
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->

Attachments

• CTO PIN 25.jpg
    CTO PIN 25.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Raptor.png
    Raptor.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_0711.jpg
    100_0711.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_0710.jpg
    100_0710.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting... I'm working with an 06 gt, it looks like I can pin the 25 on the 175b, for the tach. Use 35/36, 1118 wire for 12v, 47-49 for ground... But , set it for 4PPR?... I'll try it... Thanks for the info

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Very nice, as I'm looking to use this feed from the pcm!!!

BTW, I have plenty of the pcm-connector pins from a parted out harness.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
feel like sending one this way? I will paypal you $5

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
guys dont forget

This PIN #25 will have a dead Plug in it, You will need to remove the dead plug to insert your PIN

Good luck let me know how it works out

STL2SLO

Reaction score
I hate to wake up a old thread but will pin # 25 run any tach or shift light?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
I want to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction on finding the pins and how to repin it. I have never messed with a wiring
Harness before. I did go to the junk yard a pull a couple of pins from some older fords. But worried about messing something up. I wanna make sure I have the right size pins before I mess with it. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I plan on using it for a stewart Warner digital tach and shift lifht.

Last edited:

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
I used this for signal to a msd window switch after seeing it here. Works awesome! Using the coils for the window switch never gave me a clean signal, it would come and go. This signal is clean and consistent. Great info. By the way, I used it on 2 different 2010's, works great.

HorseOnRoids

Blue Indigo
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm using a coil wire and to my knowledge has always worked fine on my 2007.should I move it?

I also have a 2007 and installing the shift light and I taped into the coil wire and i went to go and test it. It worked for the first two times then nothing. Ive checked my connections took the wire off the coil and soldered the green wire to the coil drive wire ( #4 cylinder green wire) and again worked twice after that then nothing.. i have the setting on 1/2 ppr as required in the instructions. Im totally clueless and might try direct to the pcm. But what am i doing wrong or is it a bad shift light??

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
I've never wired a shift light, but my MSD window switch would intermittently lose signal when wired to the coil wire, or the injector wire. MSD's advise(if you want to call it that), was try another wire. The clean tach output from the pcm, is just that. Clean signal designed just for rpm reading.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
I've never wired a shift light, but my MSD window switch would intermittently lose signal when wired to the coil wire, or the injector wire. MSD's advise(if you want to call it that), was try another wire. The clean tach output from the pcm, is just that. Clean signal designed just for rpm reading.

Glad it was of use to some

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I spliced in to a coil wire (rear coil, driver side) on my 06 and never had any problems.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back