S197 308 boss pushrod turbo swap

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
This is awesome, great work OP! looking forward to videos.

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
7a7etege.jpg
duvazy9e.jpg

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
Quarter stick shifter mockup tomorrow. Stock shifter had plastic gates to modify with plastic roller. Not interested in reinventing the wheel. Moving on to fuel and finish wiring. Next year I'll focus on guages. All I need is a shift light.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good! One recommendation for the down pipe is not to do a forced split Y (capital Y) like you have, it creates turbulence and back pressure, do a lazy y (lowercase y) if you will. With that cutout open it wont really matter though lol

Last edited:

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
I agree that's optimal but in all reality I should run a straight through style muffler unlike the stock ones I mounted. That's where the open header comes in at the track. I just want a quiet car for the street. I hated how loud my old car was.

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
Went for a test drive today with no failures and it felt great . Post some pre final pics soon
huqyzubu.jpg

johnny06gt

forum member
Reaction score
what transmission are you running and how did you make the trans crossmember work? Also did you install a manual rack? looks like you left the factory v6 rack in with no p/s pump.

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
I did leave the stock pwr rack in. I plan on integrating a pump. So far it's not that bad driving around . I'll figure that out in a month. I'm running a c4. I made a 5/16 plate adapter to stock member and moved member to fwd most holes. Manual racks are 700 dollars from what I see. A pump and lines are far less but work. It's still work in process.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back