Skwerl's new cabin

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Paul my real estate buddy called me today. He spoke with the seller last night and will be meeting him tomorrow to sign a contract (he will assign his position to me at closing). So by tomorrow afternoon I should be good to go!

More Craigslist shopping this evening, found a couple area rugs that don't look like they came from Grandma's house and possibly an entry door for the kitchen/back porch. I think I may just swap front doors with the door at my house, I want a door with a window but not such a big window as to be a security issue.

Also spoke with an electrician referred to me by a friend. He's meeting me at the property this weekend to see what I need and get a materials list. I need electricity before I can do almost any other repairs and there's some stuff there I don't like.

I'm heading to Clermont tomorrow to see a pole barn sold by the company I'm looking to buy from. I spoke with the owner on the phone and he seems very happy and impressed with the pole barn kit. Looking forward to seeing it in person so I can get an idea of the materials quality and design, etc. But it's looking like a done deal as well.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Was supposed to meet and sign a contract today, seller called and said he was on his way to closing with another buyer. Bastard sold it out from under me. This thread is over. Excuse me while I go crawl into bed for a while.

JimC

Reaction score
Was supposed to meet and sign a contract today, seller called and said he was on his way to closing with another buyer. Bastard sold it out from under me. This thread is over. Excuse me while I go crawl into bed for a while.
That's why you get the purchase offer and acceptance in writing immediately. With real estate, until it is in writing it isn't enforceable.

Sorry to hear that they screwed you over on this.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
You're fucking kidding me? I'm sorry to hear that Brian. Maybe something will happen and you will still get the opportunity to buy it.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bummer. Was looking forward to seeing what you were going to do with it.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this Brian, I know you have to be hurting. Hang in there, something else will show up and it may even be a better deal.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Well did the sale go through? I keep hoping it didn't work out for the other buyer.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My wife and I lost out on a house we really liked and ended up with a larger house and a lot more property for almost the same money. It may be a blessing that this one slipped away.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Everything I'm seeing with any sort of property at all is at least twice the price, with a bigger house and more neighbors (neither of which is desirable for me).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back