Looks like I'm back in a Mustang...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's what it looks like but without the sunroof. This car needs a real detail job and maybe a buff to look real nice.

BigSkyGT

Not your daddy.
Reaction score
I loved my last fox.
IMAG0018.jpg

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My dad has an 84 twentieth anniversary convertible with a 302 and a 5 speed. A fairly rare combo. Less than 25,000 miles too. He bought it new when he owned the dealership.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
My dad has an 84 twentieth anniversary convertible with a 302 and a 5 speed. A fairly rare combo. Less than 25,000 miles too. He bought it new when he owned the dealership.

I still have my 89 vert and a 79 Pace Car that is a LONG term project :popcorneat:

3DE53A46-6134-4BA3-97D2-D2DE3B607CB2_zpsx6fpn09d.jpg

336494_486730054676195_70899208_o.jpg

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So this car turned out to be....how you say....trashed. It was a lesson for me for sure. I need to be more choosy. "Choosy Dad's choose Mustangs with no rust."

On the flip side, I paid this pile off and I'm buying a '93 GT hatchback that is 100 times nicer. I will update with pics of the new car in a few days. It's silver.

Then I will rob the A/C from the pile to replace what was pulled from the GT and hey I prefer the black cloth over grey cloth. So.... interior swap!!

Then the pile will get sold for what ever I can get for it. Hopefully I don't loose too much on it.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't picked it up yet. But yeah I will post pics.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, as promised, here is a picture I took with my phone last night after washing the new Mustang. It was the only decent picture. I couldn't bring myself to post a pic until I washed it.

It's not perfect. I'd call it a solid 20 footer. Looks awesome from 20 feet away. I have to chase out two small oil leaks and the water pump has a leak. I already have a new pump so I will just change it. One oil leak is on the front of the engine near the distributor and the other is I think a rear main seal. I see a drip of oil off the clutch side of the separator plate and nothing on the top of the engine above the trans.

Pretty clean car. Like zero rust. Which is almost unheard of in Western NY. Way nicer than the LX I bought two years ago. I paid twice as much, but it is way more than twice the car. Waiting on a couple small parts to swap over the Weld wheels from the other car. Then I will sell these Cobra wheels and buy a proper cat-back. They are Ford wheels, not replicas. I also have a Cervini's hood that I like the shape of and construction of better that I will swap on. Then I will sell this Harwood hood. And I hate the taillights. I have a nice set of '86 taillights my brother made look like 93 Cobra lights before the replica/reproduction lights were being made.

I am also getting ready to swap the black cloth interior out of the red car and into this one. The grey interior in this car is dingy and smells a little like gear oil. And I'm also swapping the complete AC system from the red car too. I have to buy a headliner because the two cars have different headliner styles. One has a map light the other does not.

Once the red car gets sold I will be buying a TKO-600 and scraping together the parts needed to swap it in. The T5 in it has wounded syncros in 2nd and 3rd. Once warm they are ok, but when cold they are not 100%. You really have to granny shift for them to work right.

2jbvexs.jpg

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wait till the Weld RT/S wheels are on it.

WaynesWorld55.jpg

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I didn't already have these other taillights I would just run them. But I'm not a big fan of them.

Also the chick in the picture needs a boob alignment.

It's Claudia Schiffer.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
So, as promised, here is a picture I took with my phone last night after washing the new Mustang. It was the only decent picture. I couldn't bring myself to post a pic until I washed it.

It's not perfect. I'd call it a solid 20 footer. Looks awesome from 20 feet away. I have to chase out two small oil leaks and the water pump has a leak. I already have a new pump so I will just change it. One oil leak is on the front of the engine near the distributor and the other is I think a rear main seal. I see a drip of oil off the clutch side of the separator plate and nothing on the top of the engine above the trans.

Pretty clean car. Like zero rust. Which is almost unheard of in Western NY. Way nicer than the LX I bought two years ago. I paid twice as much, but it is way more than twice the car. Waiting on a couple small parts to swap over the Weld wheels from the other car. Then I will sell these Cobra wheels and buy a proper cat-back. They are Ford wheels, not replicas. I also have a Cervini's hood that I like the shape of and construction of better that I will swap on. Then I will sell this Harwood hood. And I hate the taillights. I have a nice set of '86 taillights my brother made look like 93 Cobra lights before the replica/reproduction lights were being made.

I am also getting ready to swap the black cloth interior out of the red car and into this one. The grey interior in this car is dingy and smells a little like gear oil. And I'm also swapping the complete AC system from the red car too. I have to buy a headliner because the two cars have different headliner styles. One has a map light the other does not.

Once the red car gets sold I will be buying a TKO-600 and scraping together the parts needed to swap it in. The T5 in it has wounded syncros in 2nd and 3rd. Once warm they are ok, but when cold they are not 100%. You really have to granny shift for them to work right.

2jbvexs.jpg

That's definitely one very clean Fox for sure, as I'm originally from Western, NY as well, so I know exactly what you mean about rust free cars being unheard of and nearly impossible to find lol. In the meantime, congrats on your new Fox Mustang :waytogo:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice, so wanted one of those back in the day.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back