...another 10 sec., stock long block N/A S197

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
He has BMR-SP009 Springs.

There is no benefit to going to a "drag" spring from those. But it would be sweet to see him do a Coilover eventually. ;)

So you are saying SP068 is no different than the SP009?

I am not happy with the inconsistency in the car right now on launch. The ARB will help, coilover is overboard for a N/A bolt-on setup.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So you are saying SP068 is no different than the SP009?

I am not happy with the inconsistency in the car right now on launch. The ARB will help, coilover is overboard for a N/A bolt-on setup.

SP009:
SP011 Front Springs (165lb/in)
SP012 Rear Springs (160lb/in)

SP068:
SP069 Front Springs (150lb/in)
SP012 - Same as SP009

The only reason I decided to come up with the SP068 Kit, is so that people would stop calling our SP009 "Drag Springs" - as that is what was happening due to how well they worked.

To be honest - if Bill has our older SP009's...he may have the dual rate design that is actually as good or better than any other spring out there (drag)....because upon the front settling, it transitions smoother than a true Linear design. I have an 8.5" tire car going 1.2, almost 1.1's with those SP011 Fronts (older style) that I found used for him, on purpose, when he came to me to support his suspension set-up.

If the car is inconsistent, I would try and work the geometry and dampers a little more to find the general spot where it works best on an average day.

I agree that the ARB will help out, based on pics and vids I have seen of the car.

Keep up the great work.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
SP009:
SP011 Front Springs (165lb/in)
SP012 Rear Springs (160lb/in)

SP068:
SP069 Front Springs (150lb/in)
SP012 - Same as SP009

The only reason I decided to come up with the SP068 Kit, is so that people would stop calling our SP009 "Drag Springs" - as that is what was happening due to how well they worked.

To be honest - if Bill has our older SP009's...he may have the dual rate design that is actually as good or better than any other spring out there (drag)....because upon the front settling, it transitions smoother than a true Linear design. I have an 8.5" tire car going 1.2, almost 1.1's with those SP011 Fronts (older style) that I found used for him, on purpose, when he came to me to support his suspension set-up.

If the car is inconsistent, I would try and work the geometry and dampers a little more to find the general spot where it works best on an average day.

I agree that the ARB will help out, based on pics and vids I have seen of the car.

Keep up the great work.

He has been band-aiding the issue with lower tire pressure. When I was in-person a couple of weeks ago I didn't have time to get under the car and see where things were located geometrically. I'll see if he can send me pics when he has it back on a lift.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
When you get the ARB on, I would love to see you guys try some aggressive geometry and some serious Rebound.

Set that UCA on the bottom position, and the LCA in the Bottom.

Throw those Vikings up to 12-15 range.

Let it eat.

A lot of people give up on this prematurely....but I will tell you, if you can make those work....then the car WILL be quicker.

The tricky part on something like that is getting the struts just right. On a poor track you will run them loose. On a great track, as stiff as you can get away with. BUT - if you dont have enough compression in the rear, then the poor track / loose strut settings will be piss poor.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I just pointed a guy who was talking about cutting his springs to your SP009. Told him they have a good mix of drag and street handling.

He is a mustang guy now but he is young and comes from the stanced import crowd. I had to explain to him that it does not take $4000 to get a suspension done without cutting the springs LOL.

Grabberbluemaico

Reaction score
WBT, Thanks for the write up (and Tuning) on my car. Kelley , thanks for the input. When I am up the garage again, I will check part # on the springs..
Cant wait until spring time..
Bill

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
When you get the ARB on, I would love to see you guys try some aggressive geometry and some serious Rebound.

Set that UCA on the bottom position, and the LCA in the Bottom.

Throw those Vikings up to 12-15 range.

Let it eat.

A lot of people give up on this prematurely....but I will tell you, if you can make those work....then the car WILL be quicker.

The tricky part on something like that is getting the struts just right. On a poor track you will run them loose. On a great track, as stiff as you can get away with. BUT - if you dont have enough compression in the rear, then the poor track / loose strut settings will be piss poor.

You bet. I run my rear exactly as you mentioned but don't have the compression cranked up on the rears and run the front's full loose. We don't have very good tracks locally. Hoping to get it up to Denton next year for a x275 race and let it work.

Grabberbluemaico

Reaction score
275X60X15" MT ET Pros..
Best of 1.496 60'. Down to 14 LBS.
Inconsistency is the problem..

Last edited:

SNAKE08

forum member
Reaction score
What a nice job you've done there, impressive for sure ! I'll be following this to see how many more tenths you can squeeze out of her.

Keep us posted.

Mark

Grabberblumaico

Reaction score
We are making plans for spring..
Thank you.
Brett has gone above and beyond helping me out.
Without him, probably still be at 11.8.

coop6

forum member
Reaction score
Very solid! Which mod gave the best inprovement other than tires? I have an auto, about to install headers and off road X pipe. Then I'll do drag radials. I have cai, kooks ab for great sound and vmp tune. I'm going aed on the long tube tune.

Thanks and congrats!

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Very solid! Which mod gave the best inprovement other than tires? I have an auto, about to install headers and off road X pipe. Then I'll do drag radials. I have cai, kooks ab for great sound and vmp tune. I'm going aed on the long tube tune.

Thanks and congrats!

Converter is a must.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
10 seconds is amazing for an na 5.0, but 125 trap is friggin nuts, how much weight removal, and rwhp have you observed? If you don't mind me askin.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
10 seconds is amazing for an na 5.0, but 125 trap is friggin nuts, how much weight removal, and rwhp have you observed? If you don't mind me askin.

No idea on either. Car is driven to the track, run, and driven home. Tuning is done through logs from the track the owner sends to me.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Great job. Makes me want to work on my car some more. Got BMR rear stuff, 3.31, 4C, air aid intake and runs consistent 11.9@114-115. Keep debating doing headers and some more parts, and this makes it hard not to.

Grabberblumaico

Reaction score
Again, all credit to WBT constant examining of data logs and tuning to get the car where it is..

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back