I'll never buy from AM ever again...

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
All this bitching over wheels? No where on the AM page for those wheels does it say you are purchasing Shelby wheels only made in the USA. Get over it.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine losing my son or daughter. Condolences for your loss.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
All this bitching over wheels? No where on the AM page for those wheels does it say you are purchasing Shelby wheels only made in the USA. Get over it.

No, but didn't know I'd receive wheels made in 2014 either! since the wheels were on back order because of the move,I thought I'd be getting all my wheels with the new tooling, understand i called AM once wheels arrived and talked to customer service and that's when they told me they couldn't promise that the other wheels they would send me would be made in USA,which to me is BS.... then they also emailed me and told me that the wheels wasn't made in China just the wheel blanks to produce the wheels! which is BS too. but hey you purchase from them all you want, but for me i'm done with doing it. next time I'll go else where on any part I get for now on..

You know the funny part is 90% of my mustang club members think it's BS too.. any way whinny ass gone!hehehehe yes you dish it out i can take it.. today is another day ...

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your issue is with your assumptions and Shelby and not with AM.

My problem is Shelby moved their wheel manufacturing plant from China to the USA and all their wheels are now made in the USA! which is great!So I thought when i purchased my CS 40
wheels all of them would have made in the USA on them!

You thought....

but only the 20x9's are made in the USA and the 20x10's are some of their back stock that they ship out that was produced in China in 2014.. I have waited for right at 4-5 months waiting on the wheels to be back in stock and thought that all the wheels would be from the new tooling and all, the 20x9's where made in 2016 and the 20x10's where produced in 2014..

You thought...

any way once i received the wheels i called customer service at AM and told them about it and the rep told me he couldn't guarantee that if he sent another set of 20x10's that they would be made in the USA or with the new tooling

They verified they couldn't make any guarantees as to the location of manufacturing for wheels that they themselves aren't getting direct from the factory. Makes sense.

.. I kept complaining but he did offer me $20 off my next purchase,which i told him I wasn't interested in

So in spite of them setting the expectation that they can't guarantee things they can't control and offering you a refund on top of a credit towards your next purchase, you kept complaining about something they had no control over.

but still I'm not happy that two wheels are made in China! and two are made in the USA..but at this point I'm done with talking with AM!

Your issue is with Shelby then and not AM. I feel like you don't understand how a company like AM works or how automotive parts are made so let me diagram this for you.

Wheels are made in China / USA
Wheels are shipped to Shelby for storage in their warehouse.
Order comes in from various automotive retailers.
Shelby pulls inventory and ships to those retailers.
Retailers stock items on their shelves.
Order comes in from customer.
Retailer pulls inventory and ships to customer.

American Muscle is completely at the mercy of what Shelby sends to them. Thus they cannot make any guarantees as to where those wheels are manufactured. The only way to do that is for you to contact Shelby independently and have them verify if they can have someone physically walk down to the warehouse and verify the availability of any 20x10" wheel inventory and where said inventory was manufactured.

AM did everything they could for you in this situation, but you just weren't going to be satisfied until they guaranteed something they could never possibly guarantee.

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Plus it's wheels they don't expire like tires so who cares if they are from 2014.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The only concern I would have is that if they told you they were all Made in the USA and 2 were not. They should not be stating that if they don't know factually. As for the product.......I would not worry about it.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Did you mount these wheels on your car? Why would you want a full refund if they were mounted? They are used once they are mounted on the car, and driven.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Did you mount these wheels on your car? Why would you want a full refund if they were mounted? They are used once they are mounted on the car, and driven.

Correct. This is standard policy with any company. You mount them you own them

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Correct. This is standard policy with any company. You mount them you own them

I didn't mount till after I talked to customer service and when they wouldn't do anything I mounted them 3-4 days later.. but it is what it is...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You could have easily returned them without mounting them. AM has a very generous refund policy and they would have gladly refunded your money if you returned them without mounting them.

I realize you already hate me because I disagree with you on this matter but if you step back and look at the situation from an outsider's perspective you might see how ridiculous you're acting.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
You could have easily returned them without mounting them. AM has a very generous refund policy and they would have gladly refunded your money if you returned them without mounting them.

I realize you already hate me because I disagree with you on this matter but if you step back and look at the situation from an outsider's perspective you might see how ridiculous you're acting.

This /\

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Almost every part on your car is made in China or Mexico, that's just the way things are.

On a side note, sorry about your loss, I have been there as well. Maybe thats one reason this wheel thing seems so bad. It's also a good reason to step back, take a breath, and realize this wheel thing is not a big deal in seem of life. JMHO

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Almost every part on your car is made in China or Mexico, that's just the way things are.

On a side note, sorry about your loss, I have been there as well. Maybe thats one reason this wheel thing seems so bad. It's also a good reason to step back, take a breath, and realize this wheel thing is not a big deal in seem of life. JMHO

I hope not! hum let's see the seats are custom upholstered in Rome,Ga, body kit was made by Keanan in Florida, door panels and trunk panels where custom built in Gainsville,Ga by Johnathan Demuth,Baer 6 piston brakes are made in USA , American racing headers,SCT tuner is made in Florida, Cams are Comp cams, Not sure about Scosche amps and wiring. front wheels made in USA, back wheels made in China, about it that i can see, might have missed something,oh well.. heheheehe.. thanks for the condolence on my son, your right on that part...
in all seriousness not many parts that I know of is made in China that's on my car, not saying there aren't any just not to my knowledge..

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
What a lot of people don't understand is Oct 6 is my son who passed away on March 6 2016, birthday, so this isn't a day to mess with me and actually I shouldn't even posted anything this day!

I know what it's like to lose a child. Granted it was a long time ago, but I still think about her. I never used it as an excuse to be an ass though.

You should have sent the wheels back and moved on with life.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
dude! why are you mad at AM? if I'm reading correctly, they offered to issue you a refund? but yet you're mad at them? as said, your fight is with Shelby, not AM smh

Sent from my S7 Edge on Tapatalk

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
dude! why are you mad at AM? if I'm reading correctly, they offered to issue you a refund? but yet you're mad at them? as said, your fight is with Shelby, not AM smh

Sent from my S7 Edge on Tapatalk

You read wrong, they didn't offer me a refund. but after customer service and many emails back and forth nothing done after a few days, I finally mounted the wheels, I'm still going to contact Shelby, but what is done is done..not after a full refund but wasn't offered one either.. all i wanted is all the Wheels to be USA made.. but like said i'm done with it, a lot of people think i'm wrong, you go spend your money and not get what you thought you was going to and see how happy you would be.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back