Need Help Boss Intake question

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I should have listened to you 4 years ago, would have saved a lot of aggravation and hurt feelings.

hopefully we can get past all that

Water under the bridge. Too many important things in life to let this stuff get in the way. :beerchug2:

Even tough we have gone separate ways, credit needs to go to kdanner also. He spent plenty of time on his own car working on combos as well.

Last edited:

casper gt

forum member
Reaction score
Water under the bridge. Too many important things in life to let this stuff get in the way. :beerchug2:

Even tough we have gone separate ways, credit needs to go to kdanner also. He spent plenty of time on his own car working on combos as well.

agreed for shure :cheersman:
been following things and it looks like you hae done ok for yourself in the end, saw a video on youtube that even looked like your getting back to actual racing (the one I saw looked like a progression thru a 1/8th mi event of some sort) which I'm shure is a relief, lol.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
agreed for shure :cheersman:
been following things and it looks like you hae done ok for yourself in the end, saw a video on youtube that even looked like your getting back to actual racing (the one I saw looked like a progression thru a 1/8th mi event of some sort) which I'm shure is a relief, lol.

Yessir. I have been index racing the past couple of years after branching out on my own.

This was stock intake, stock airbox, stock injectors, 93 octane. Had to slow the car down to be close to the index.

Made some changes recently and will get back at it when weather improves.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been laying low for awhile but I thought this is a perfect thread to comment on

as most know I'm on my 2nd a6 car and have tried stock converters and 5c converters on both along with 4.10s and 3.31s on both.

I have also tried stock, boss and cj intakes with multiple throttle bodies and cold air kits.

I have finally come to where I have to agree that for a bolt on car, 3.31s, a bunch of converter of your choice and a boss intake, stock throttle body, airaid CAI are pretty much the way to go for a bolt on car.

Glad to see you've come around Larry.

Any chance you could talk some sense into Brian?:clap:

casper gt

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to see you've come around Larry.

Any chance you could talk some sense into Brian?:clap:

long time no see Scott, lol.

thats one of the reasons I thought I'd comment here now (ie the 4.10 debate still raging after all this time) & I think my perspective is diffrent than most since I do see the value of 4.10's and I still like driing the car on the street with them.........but all things aside the 3rd shift is the problem with these cars IMO.

traction and short shift 1-2 problems can be over come but the time it takes to make and recover from the 3-4 shift is where my testing convinced me.

from what im seeing, 3.15's for a stock intake, 3.31's for a boss intake is pretty much spot on for a car that you want to optimize for the track and have good street manners just like has been said all along.

from the testing I have done (much like Brett) I don't really see a place for the cj intake on a stock motor either, the rpms required to see gains will kill the motor (we had to shift my '14 at 8k to see noteable gains over the boss).

thats it in a nutshell IMO. only street driving then 4.10's all the way but at the track you'll be leaving something on the table.

russtang

Reaction score
For you NA guys with a 4c or 5c, when are you locking the conv?

What parts have you swapped to get to 3500lb? My car weighed 3640lb with no spare or jack and front sway bar removed with tubular radiator support.

I'm thinking of going back to NA. Seemed like it was more fun trying to get a couple hundredths here and there plus I don't really want to add a cage and I would like to try some bracket racing.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
For you NA guys with a 4c or 5c, when are you locking the conv?

What parts have you swapped to get to 3500lb? My car weighed 3640lb with no spare or jack and front sway bar removed with tubular radiator support.

I'm thinking of going back to NA. Seemed like it was more fun trying to get a couple hundredths here and there plus I don't really want to add a cage and I would like to try some bracket racing.

I believe all of that info is available here through a search. ;)

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And it depends on how far you are willing to go to remove weight. Since my car isnt a daily i ended up replacing the front and rear bumper supports with lightweight units.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back