odd electrical issue

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Beautiful!!!! Hopefully that resolved your problem. If it comes back you know the first thing to pull out and replace. Way cheaper than the SJB and a reprogram.

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
Now if you guys can just come up with quality suggestions that convince the wife that I NEED a supercharger....

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Now if you guys can just come up with quality suggestions that convince the wife that I NEED a supercharger....

Regardless of how you decide to do it my suggestion is to never tell her about it. Remember its easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Second - NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TELL HER THE REAL PRICE IF SHE DOES FIND OUT!

Worked for me and I have one on my third car now!LOL!

Some guys marry the gal who is a speed freak. Others (sounds like you have one like mine) marry one that doesn't understand that a man has to have a hobby and they can be expensive sometimes. Love mine to death but silence can be golden.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The switch is built into the latch and sends a pulse to the Regulator/Motor to drop the window to clear the seal. Very common they go bad due to the constant use.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
luckily (or not, depends on how you look at it), my wife has an expensive hobby as well ... riding/competing on horses.

so she doesn't really complain when the UPS guy shows up with car parts

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
My wife has always understood my hobby. I've been into cars since before we met. Which is saying a lot because we've known each other a long time. She's spent time in the garage with me too.

The funniest thing was after she got her Mustang. A few days after buying it she looked at me and said she now understands why I am the way I am. Why I park way out of the way. Why I'm always cleaning something. And why I enjoy wrenching.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
luckily (or not, depends on how you look at it), my wife has an expensive hobby as well ... riding/competing on horses.

so she doesn't really complain when the UPS guy shows up with car parts

So you're both into horses. Yip your hobby is likely less expensive. For one the horse still has to be fed even if you aren't riding it. LOL!

That makes it easier on you as far as asking forgiveness. Of course two high end hobbies puts stress on which one gets the attention. Tit for tat regardless is how I see it. Say she gets a new saddle and bridle, you get a new Supercharger. She gets a new Horse trailer, you get a new car trailer.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
My wife has always understood my hobby. I've been into cars since before we met. Which is saying a lot because we've known each other a long time. She's spent time in the garage with me too.

The funniest thing was after she got her Mustang. A few days after buying it she looked at me and said she now understands why I am the way I am. Why I park way out of the way. Why I'm always cleaning something. And why I enjoy wrenching.

Some guys have all the luck. You have a wife who understands your car interest, you're living in God's country SD, CA, AND can afford all of it. I sooooooooooo covet you! Spent 7 years out there in the Navy. I still call it my second home. Only been back twice. Still seems like it was yesterday.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Some guys have all the luck. You have a wife who understands your car interest, you're living in God's country SD, CA, AND can afford all of it. I sooooooooooo covet you! Spent 7 years out there in the Navy. I still call it my second home. Only been back twice. Still seems like it was yesterday.

I was stationed here back in 99 and we just never left. I was lucky enough to have one of those jobs I could move from ship to shore easily.

And it's all her. I sent her to school a few years ago and now I get to enjoy the results.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
So you're both into horses. Yip your hobby is likely less expensive. For one the horse still has to be fed even if you aren't riding it. LOL!

That makes it easier on you as far as asking forgiveness. Of course two high end hobbies puts stress on which one gets the attention. Tit for tat regardless is how I see it. Say she gets a new saddle and bridle, you get a new Supercharger. She gets a new Horse trailer, you get a new car trailer.

very true! gotta find ways to do both.

I've also gotten her into cars and speed. Her first vehicle other than a truck was a '99 M3, taught her to drive a manual, now we're restoring her grandfather's '67 F100. She loves watching/helping in the shop.

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
My wife's "hobby" is considerably more expensive than mine. She's into houses. "No honey, we can't buy another house."
"But you bought a Mustang..."
"There's a slight difference in price dear. Mine didn't, and won't ever, cost $150,000"
"But.....it's a Tudor! You know I love Tudor"
"Mine's a 2-door too"

I don't remember her reply, but it did sting.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
My wife's "hobby" is considerably more expensive than mine. She's into houses. "No honey, we can't buy another house."
"But you bought a Mustang..."
"There's a slight difference in price dear. Mine didn't, and won't ever, cost $150,000"
"But.....it's a Tudor! You know I love Tudor"
"Mine's a 2-door too"

I don't remember her reply, but it did sting.

hahaha, that's great! lol

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I was stationed here back in 99 and we just never left. I was lucky enough to have one of those jobs I could move from ship to shore easily.

And it's all her. I sent her to school a few years ago and now I get to enjoy the results.

Dude! Totally living my dream. Glad it came true for someone.

PS - Send Roberto's Carne Asada Burritos! LOL!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back