1000 hp rotating assembly. 5.0

jpbaily1

Reaction score

jpbaily1

Reaction score
Need to replace my bottom end so I can add more power. I want to turn up my boost above 15 lbs.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved, this is not the topic. Please review the posting rules

jpbaily1

Reaction score
The block & car is a 2011 GT with manual 6spd. I am looking to run around 800 -850 hp and thought that a 1K would leave room to grow. New main caps in billet alum as well. ARP everywhere.

Thanks for the replies. I assumed that H beams would not be rated at this hp and would have had to go to I beams.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
The block & car is a 2011 GT with manual 6spd. I am looking to run around 800 -850 hp and thought that a 1K would leave room to grow. New main caps in billet alum as well. ARP everywhere.

Thanks for the replies. I assumed that H beams would not be rated at this hp and would have had to go to I beams.

The Coyote and Boss cranks are the same, the Boss is just balanced differently to account for the heavier Boss pistons/rods,

Manley H-beams with ARP rod bolts will handle 1000 FW hp easy enough,

You don't need billet caps at that level either.. but if you want em' ,, run em'.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

This is something new to me. Billet aluminum main caps? Has there ever been an issue with the factory steel main caps? In a 4.6 they are good for as much power as anyone can make.

IMO your main weak links are the stock transmission and 2011 block. The 2011 blocks were breaking the web between cylinder and block at around 700rwhp.

This brings up another point. 1000rwhp is a shit ton of power. I have to ask, are you just comparing with other internet talk or is this something close to what you have had before?

At that power level any little thing will ruin your day. What fuel will you be using and what fuel system? How about the drive train in general? What power adder do you have in mind?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ARP is junk.............just saying. Too many people with arp shit breaking.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Because mmr needs to sell shit
Fuck mmr

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
IMO you should figure out a budget for the entire car and then work backward. To build something with 850+hp that goes straight, won't kill you in a crash and will make full power for more than 8 seconds without a 2hr cool down will cost $40,000+. And that is if you do all the work yourself and go "budget" where you can. That number could easily turn into $75,000.

Hell, just good hoses/fittings for something like that is going to cost $2000-3000.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
IMO you should figure out a budget for the entire car and then work backward. To build something with 850+hp that goes straight, won't kill you in a crash and will make full power for more than 8 seconds without a 2hr cool down will cost $40,000+. And that is if you do all the work yourself and go "budget" where you can. That number could easily turn into $75,000.

Hell, just good hoses/fittings for something like that is going to cost $2000-3000.

In the middle of this right now. Doing all own work, turbos, motor, suspension, and 30k in. still need fuel, rear end, and saftey gear. another 10k+ easy there.

jpbaily1

Reaction score
The car has a Roush blower with 69mm pulley. Buying long tube headers. Has new exhaust. No cats. Flowmeter axelbacks. Need to install that 4.10 gears, dual clutch,stage3 cams, clutch line. D1000 injectors. New hi flow fuel rails. AM 10 fuel lines. Dual fuel pumps. Has meth injection. Need the rotating assembly and bore it 03 over. Staying with 11:1compression.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The car has a Roush blower with 69mm pulley. Buying long tube headers. Has new exhaust. No cats. Flowmeter axelbacks. Need to install that 4.10 gears, dual clutch,stage3 cams, clutch line. D1000 injectors. New hi flow fuel rails. AM 10 fuel lines. Dual fuel pumps. Has meth injection. Need the rotating assembly and bore it 03 over. Staying with 11:1compression.

So you are mostly looking to build the motor to handle what you have and maybe some more?

If it was me I'd just be looking at connecting rods, pistons, rings, and bearings.

Like I mentioned in a previous post imo the biggest limit on power will be the MT-82 transmission. After that it's the 2011 block. A rod and piston build should take you to the ragged edge of what the block will handle.

You came to the right place to ask about building your motor to handle your blower. Many on this site have done similar mods and they will guide you from the bs found from paid advertisers on other sites or search engines.

46addict

Reaction score
You came to the right place to ask about building your motor to handle your blower. Many on this site have done similar mods and they will guide you from the bs found from paid advertisers on other sites or search engines.

This is true. I would be looking at throwing a lot of money away if it wasn't for some experienced people on this board.

jpbaily1

Reaction score
I can't find any info on the stock 2011 coyote crank as to what it's metallurgy is composed of to glean how much hp it may handle.So we know it is forged but what is it made up of? I presume they did not use 4340 chrome moly. Is the stock crank good over 800 hp?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I can't find any info on the stock 2011 coyote crank as to what it's metallurgy is composed of to glean how much hp it may handle.So we know it is forged but what is it made up of? I presume they did not use 4340 chrome moly. Is the stock crank good over 800 hp?

Has anyone broken one yet? I doubt that you will find a failure test on the stock crank. I also doubt you will find a case where one broke no matter what the power level was.

Your block will fail long before the crank imo. Let us know what you find out. AFAIK nobody on this site has broken a stock coyote crank.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back