NoviBlownGT Build Update!

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Well my original plans for winter upgrades kinda spiraled out of control... way out of control!

Anyways last fall I did a little upgrade early before the year was over and it kinda ended up ruining my season. I ran NMRA Bowling Green, True Street. Test hit was like an 10.37@ 141, first pass was an 10.32@141, and then my second and final pass was an 10.27@142.

That was all on my original setup for the year. Which was JDM 302, stock heads with comp 350 cams, 1 5/8 BBK LT's, E85, Paxton 2200SL at around 22lb, TR6060 trans.

While I was down there I picked up a JPC Sheetmetal intake with a Cobra Jet monoblade. So I put that on after the event and had lito get my a quick tune update.

Went to local street car event. First his off the trailer launched soft and bogged wetn 10.21@143 with a 1.54 60ft. Then everypass I made after that the car would go into limp mode. So that ended my season. Ended up being a bad TPS.

I made about 6-7 1/4mi passes last fall the the times went down everypass and mph went up every pass. I know there was a ton more left in that setup. But I cant leave anything alone!

So onto the upgrades. I had planned most of the year for an auto swap over the winter. So I had Darrin Burch at BCA transmission build me a badass 4r70. Has a FB MVB, Circle D billet multi disk converter with lockup. Hurst pistol grip shifter. DSS driveshaft. Its in the car now just have to finish up the wiring and shift cable.

What I didnt plan on doing was swapping blowers, switching to a/w, and removing factory radiator, AC.

Worked a great trade deal and got rid of the 2200SL and picked up a Vortech JT-B.

Here are a few pics of everything thats been going on:

46addict

Reaction score
Looks like a no BS setup for sure.
Are the 1 5/8" headers letting enough air through or are you looking to upgrade those soon?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
What's the cfm difference in the blowers? Any goal in mind or just turning up the wick and seeing what will happen?

It never stops. There is always something to tweak or swap out for a few more hp. I'd imagine that blower will push past any remaining restriction you have.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Looks like a no BS setup for sure.
Are the 1 5/8" headers letting enough air through or are you looking to upgrade those soon?

Yeah I will be upgrading those at some point this year. I'll do before and after dynos/track times.

What's the cfm difference in the blowers? Any goal in mind or just turning up the wick and seeing what will happen?

It never stops. There is always something to tweak or swap out for a few more hp. I'd imagine that blower will push past any remaining restriction you have.

I havent seen the CFM difference. Its rated for 12K more rpms than the 2200SL. Ive seen the JT-B make 26psi on nicely ported heads. I plan on seeing 28-30 with my stock junk heads. So I'm expecting to see close to a 100rwhp difference between the two blower.

No real goals honestly, just seeing how far I can push it. I love to see a 150+ mph trap and and 8.999 pass. I know thats really being hopeful but its something I would like to see. I think it will be a solid mid 9sec car consistently this year. I may get crazy this fall at bowling green and pulley it down to the max and see what happens.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I think you made a great choice with that JT-B. If IICR Beefcake use to run that head unit with some really impressive track results. It's suppose to be a little better fit for the 4.6 overall considering the smaller displacement engine. You wouldn't give up as much down low as the YSI but would have just as much up top. I myself originally wanted the JT-B but at that time you couldn't get your hands on one since they were consuming them for the 15s supercharger kits. Being similar to the YSI this should give you all and more you could ever need, I'm running a 10% O.D. with a 2.5" Pulley and a Wastegate set at 23 psi, good for 767rwhp at that setting with the YSI-B.

Good luck this should be a solid 9sec car and with the FB manual valve body/ transbrake your 60 should be a rocket launch. I really love that pistol grip setup, Postman took me for a ride the other day in his B53/ FB 4R70 swap and it was the cats ass, I'm going to dump the Quick4 controller and go with that FB VB and shifter now too.

Last edited:

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
I think you made a great choice with that JT-B. If IICR Beefcake use to run that head unit with some really impressive track results. It's suppose to be a little better fit for the 4.6 overall considering the smaller displacement engine. You wouldn't give up as much down low as the YSI but would have just as much up top. I myself originally wanted the JT-B but at that time you couldn't get your hands on one since they were consuming them for the 15s supercharger kits. Being similar to the YSI this should give you all and more you could ever need, I'm running a 10% O.D. with a 2.5" Pulley and a Wastegate set at 23 psi, good for 767rwhp at that setting with the YSI-B.

Good luck this should be a solid 9sec car and with the FB manual valve body/ transbrake your 60 should be a rocket launch. I really love that pistol grip setup, Postman took me for a ride the other day in his B53/ FB 4R70 swap and it was the cats ass, I'm going to dump the Quick4 controller and go with that FB VB and shifter now too.

Yeah I think the JT-B is perfect. I'm going to start out with 2.95 pulley and 10% overdrive and see where it's at. I have a 2.75 pulley for it. Not going to wastegate it. I want all this blower has.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Running -16 Lines/fittings to the cross over and to the thermostat housing. -20 for lower rad house with thermo housing.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Threw some clamps on it. Love these new clamps. Much better than standard worm clamps and way better that T bolt.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
What kind of clamps are they? They look like worm gear from the pics.

I like the shit out of that welded TB inlet.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
New injectors came in yesterday. Bosch 2000s from Jeremy. A little overkill for my setup but gives me some room to grow. Just need to swap my 320 pump out for my 465 and the fuel system will be done.

Also got my flaming river manual steering rack ordered. Should be here tuesday.

I got the trans cooler mounted (under spare tire well).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back