Vibrant O2 spacer - dumb question

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
OK I'm officially ignorant.

Which configuration here is the correct one?

RE: The washer

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 17

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
The left side is the correct way to place the Vibrant washer. Reuse the O2 sensor's washer on the other side. I have those and if you don't use orange silicone to secure the spacer inside the non fouler it will rattle like crazy while you're driving.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Ah so there is already a washer in place with the stock O2 setup? Been quite a while since I'd had that apart.

I noticed the rattle. Thanks for the tip. I'll put some orange RTV down there to keep that held in place snug.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
The stock O2 came with a washer from the factory. I used the smallest hole with an off road h-pipe and after completing a drive cycle per the emissions section in the owner's manual the engine light did not come on.

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
I got these from..... can't remember.

They actually have a little catalytic substrate in there.

Been on for a few months now, no light.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
CEL is turned off in my tune.

The sensors are not disabled and the monitors are set to run. They just never complete. May have something to do with the fact I have no cats. lol

These defoulers are plan B for me. Plan A was to reset the PCM and try the drivecycle. That was a fail.

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score

The sensors are not disabled and the monitors are set to run. They just never complete. May have something to do with the fact I have no cats. lol

These defoulers are plan B for me. Plan A was to reset the PCM and try the drivecycle. That was a fail.

I had a tune that the old BAMA guy made for me that used to pass with no cats. With mods and newer tunes there wasn't anyone who would, or could, replicate that for me so I had to swap my mid-pipe out every time for a few years. Gave these a try and voila, she passed. Got rid of my custom catted H-pipe.

46addict

Reaction score

I had the same issue and the non foulers did the trick. I used two per o2 sensor and stuffed a bit of steel wool in between the two non foulers. All monitors and sensors are on and no CEL, four months later.

In your case I would wonder why the CEL is not coming on. With monitors and sensors enabled and no cats, your car should be throwing a code. I would think a cat monitor is still turned off or something along those lines.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
There may be more than one way to cancel the CEL in the tune.

You'll notice vendors like VMP state on their website they do not disable any emissions equipment. Yet they obviously tune for people with offroad mids.

46addict

Reaction score
So the CEL can be cancelled even with a pending code? Or is there a way to block a fault code? This stuff is over my head.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
So the CEL can be cancelled even with a pending code? Or is there a way to block a fault code? This stuff is over my head.

I know in the software for my 04 I can turn off specific codes. I've done it in the past when I was trying to figure some things out and didn't need the CEL on all the time.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Well these are going in over the weekend. Put the smallest jet size in and have some red rtv gasket maker on there to hopefully keep the rattle down.

Should be easy minus getting the O2 connectors unsnapped. Those were kind of a pita iirc.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Long story short. The vibrant defoulers are not going to work. I was able to get the driver side on but the passenger side won't fit. Transmission pan interferes with it. Part of that is because lethal welded the bung on there in a spot that is angled slight up towards the car. If it were on there straight it may have fit.

So back to the drawing board now I guess. I could try one of their J style defoulers instead.

PS: I wasn't able to disconnect the O2 sensors either. There isn't enough room to get a hand up there.

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Long story short. The vibrant defoulers are not going to work. I was able to get the driver side on but the passenger side won't fit. Transmission pan interferes with it. Part of that is because lethal welded the bung on there in a spot that is angled slight up towards the car. If it were on there straight it may have fit.

So back to the drawing board now I guess. I could try one of their J style defoulers instead.

PS: I wasn't able to disconnect the O2 sensors either. There isn't enough room to get a hand up there.

http://bigdaddiesgarage.com/angled-cel-fix.html#o2 Simulator Angled Big Daddies Garage

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Hey man were you able to get those threaded in without having to remove the midpipe? And did you need extensions for the sensors to reach?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Looked like a great idea, but Big Daddies is not very friendly to your neighbors to the north in Canada:

US - $29.95 with free shipping.
Canada - $29.95 + 67.50 for shipping, duties and taxes may apply.

Eff that! Send me money and I'll mail them to you.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back