4r70w swapped come in

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
I recently did a 4r70w swap and all came out great I love it Question who has hooked up their cruise control to work after the swap please help. Also I connected the neutral safety switch but still turns on in any gear but then. Disconnected from switch car don't turn on any ideas? Thanks

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The neutral safety switch may be bad, or is not switching when changing gears. It should close in P and N and open in other gears. Unplugging it suggests that you have it wired in properly. Connect an ohmmeter across the pins with it unplugged, and see what it does in the other gears.

I have my cruise control hooked up and working. I'm using a manual PCM instead of an auto pcm, and had to add a wire to the PCM for grounding the clutch signal, I think. Brake pedal still disengages cruise as normally it would.

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
I recently did a 4r70w swap and all came out great I love it Question who has hooked up their cruise control to work after the swap please help. Also I connected the neutral safety switch but still turns on in any gear but then. Disconnected from switch car don't turn on any ideas? Thanks

How much HP are you looking to push through the setup?

Last edited:

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure power

Not sure on power but I recently ran 10.77@129 1/4 mile tranny worked flawlessly

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
Microswitch

The neutral safety switch may be bad, or is not switching when changing gears. It should close in P and N and open in other gears. Unplugging it suggests that you have it wired in properly. Connect an ohmmeter across the pins with it unplugged, and see what it does in the other gears.

I have my cruise control hooked up and working. I'm using a manual PCM instead of an auto pcm, and had to add a wire to the PCM for grounding the clutch signal, I think. Brake pedal still disengages cruise as normally it would.

I will check the micro switch then maybe bad like you said and I'm using an auto computer

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
Haven’t had chance to check switch but I will be this week. Ran my best time of 10.27@133 trans is working awesome love the swap

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Congrats on your new PB! On my 2005 the neutral safety wires are RD/LB and WH/PK and can be found at the bec or the oem tranny harness by the shift position selector. Although I'm pretty sure your 2007 will be a little different. The cruise doesn't work on my 4r swap, but I don't really care to fix it LOL.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back