Horrible wiring gremlins

Bburns4667

Reaction score
So I bought a 2005 gt 6 months ago and drove it 50 miles ripped the engine out and built the motor boosted it and now I'm here.

I put the engine in this week. And cranked it all was well. Idling in the driveway it threw some codes cam pos sensor evap both o2s and the wrench light shortly after.

All the codes are on the DRIVER side by the way....

So I figure wrench light bad throttle body so I buy a new one from ford with new tps and everything.
While I'm there I check the alternator well when you turn the pulley the inside slips bad bad. So I bring it to the parts store get a new one.

I put it all back together ranks up fine all is good. Minute passes and codes again like 7 total. And I know the cam sensors are new the vct solenoid are new.

So I pull the harness off and look at all the wires took the loom off 60% of it no breaks all looks good.
I tape it back up and put it together and same thing.....

Is the new alt bad too?

All the grounds are solid I made sure of that.

Bad alt

Bad pcm

Bad harness shorting???

Help

Does a 07 harness for a 05 I found one on ebay cheap

jhunt47

forum member
Reaction score
There is a wiring harness that goes from the back side of the engine to the trans that may have gotten pinched during engine install.

SVT Rider

Reaction score
While I'm there I check the alternator well when you turn the pulley the inside slips bad bad. So I bring it to the parts store get a new one.

If a manual transmission GT, then the alternator pulley has a clutch that allows the pulley to slip going opposite serpentine rotation. If this was the slip you were observing that is normal.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Check for a blown/missing fuse at F47 in the BEC box under the hood. This fuse provides the 12v source for the EVAP sensors, Cam solenoids, O2 sensors...among other PCM input devices. Verify the fuse, then verify the voltage is there if the fuse is good. Check ground on the PCM at C175B pin 10 (black wire) and Ground. If not there you may wish to revisit that all of your ground connections are made.

You may also wish to try reseating PCm connector C175B as all of your problem related codes are feeding through this connector.

Bburns4667

Reaction score
Dude it was fuse 47. No more codes thank you.
Only problem I have now is getting o2 sensor stuck rich code not cruising at 14.5 more around 12-10.5 afr.

I think I may have hooked the upper o2's up opposite of each other. Gonna check it when I get home from the movies I'll post up if that's what it was

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Only problem I have now is getting o2 sensor stuck rich code not cruising at 14.5 more around 12-10.5 afr.

I think I may have hooked the upper o2's up opposite of each other. Gonna check it when I get home from the movies I'll post up if that's what it was

It happens all the time. The o2 sensor wires are very easy to get swapped. Sounds like you have a handle on it.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

No problem. glad to help. Very possible on the O2 harness. It is very easy to do.

You may wish to inspect potential areas where the Harness may have gotten pinched during the engine install for possible frayed wiring just to be safe. it may have been a glitch during the harness connections if the battery was still hooked up, better to take some time and look hard for any bare wiring that may have caused the F47 fuse to pop.

Last edited:

Bburns4667

Reaction score
O2's were backwards running like a top now. Just hate I can't put my foot in the floor until I get tuned. Triangle has me booked for June 13th so two weeks of trying to place nice with the skinny pedal.

Only issue I have now is the gas tank. Can only put 9-10 gallons in her and it will run out of gas at 1/4 tank. It has gt500 pumps in her and has had for about 3 years. I think crossover is pinched or not on. It also smells of fuel when I fill up in the cab until I get about 3/4 tank left I read could be the fuel filler tube grommet. Gonna use a lift and drop the tank and get her all fixed up. Thanks for the help fellas.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
O2's were backwards running like a top now. Just hate I can't put my foot in the floor until I get tuned. Triangle has me booked for June 13th so two weeks of trying to place nice with the skinny pedal.

Only issue I have now is the gas tank. Can only put 9-10 gallons in her and it will run out of gas at 1/4 tank. It has gt500 pumps in her and has had for about 3 years. I think crossover is pinched or not on. It also smells of fuel when I fill up in the cab until I get about 3/4 tank left I read could be the fuel filler tube grommet. Gonna use a lift and drop the tank and get her all fixed up. Thanks for the help fellas.

After I wired a friend of mine's fuel system he was having similar issues. He fixed it by doing something with the crossover. Sorry but I can;t remember what he said it was. Only that it had to do with that crossover.

I've seen those guys (triangle) run at NMRA. They are merciless.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yea, most likey the crossover tube was not seated all the way and popped off while you wrestling it in the hole.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back