Watts link

DW1

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm wanting a bmr watts link, paired with a griggs Torque arm. Will this work with fitment? Also is there a cheaper ta out there. Griggs is $800. Anybody had bmr. Watts for a couple of years? Are you satisfied with it. Thanks

TrickyS197

Reaction score
Have the watts link from bmr with the metal bushings. Love it. That big main brace needs the drivers side mounting holes shaved a bit but overall is a great product.
Metal bushes are a tad noisey but make it far easier to realign the rear end if you're doing it yourself on jackstands. I may be biased cuz my rear interior is completely gutted so it's already kinda noisey.
So handling is more predictable now while driving spiritedly. Aggressive left/right movements fell less sketchy. Also navigates crappy roads a bit better. The rear doesn't skip about as much. That's all the changes I noticed being a street car. I've had this on my car for around 9 months so far.
Hope that helps!

cgornowich

forum member
Reaction score
Griggs TA with Fays2 Wattslink

Lots of information has been posted about Watts Links and Torque Arms and what they do, I'm not going there. I just wanted to share my setup and what worked for me. I have a Griggs Torque Arm, a Fays2 Watts Link, and a Sam Strano (I think they're made by Helwig for Sam) adjustable anti-roll bar on my 2008 S197. The TA and WL do not interfere with each other. The anti-roll bar is a little tricky, you have to unbolt the shock mount (at the axle) to adjust the anti-roll bar, and then re-attach the shock mount. Nothing too difficult, just one of those procedures that when you go out of order you need to start again.

One the whole I like the setup. To me it's very predictable and inspires confidence. The car went from feeling like a pogo stick to that of a go cart. A REALLY HEAVY go cart...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Funny . . . IIRC, the Strano/Hellwig bars use separate axle-side brackets a lot like what the OE rear bar uses. I don't recall having to touch the lower shock mount bolts.

OP - I suggest you do a lot of reading on these topics first. For more than just the tech. Beyond suggesting that you give Kelly at BMR a shout to find out if he knows whether the BMR WL will work with the Griggs TA . . . I'm not going there either. Not yet anyway.

Norm

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm wanting a bmr watts link, paired with a griggs Torque arm. Will this work with fitment? Also is there a cheaper ta out there. Griggs is $800. Anybody had bmr. Watts for a couple of years? Are you satisfied with it. Thanks

I am not aware of any fitment issues with the BMR WL005/WL006 and the torque arms out there from Griggs, Cortex etc.

If you can post up a nice undershot of a car with the system you are wanting, I can take a look and see if I can point out any potential issues.

You will love the BMR Watts Link. I suggest getting the WL006. ;)

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Funny . . . IIRC, the Strano/Hellwig bars use separate axle-side brackets a lot like the OE rear bar. Don't recall having to touch the lower shock mount bolts.

Norm

I agree with Norm, have the Strano rear bar and don't have to touch the lower shock mount bolt. As shown in the photo, the bar has it's own mounting bracket that fits in the OEM location and the adjustment bolt fits through that bracket.

i-2sf3P6s-XL.jpg

cgornowich

forum member
Reaction score
Anti-roll bar adjustment

I stand corrected, allow me to clarify my previous post: In order to adjust the setting of my anti-roll bar, I have to remove both brackets just below where the bottom shock bolt, make the adjustment and then re-install the brackets. I've attached a picture for reference. When I first tried to perform the adjustment the pesky fasteners that attached the brackets to the rear axle housing wouldn't let me remove the brackets, I had to remove the bottom shock bolts to remove the brackets and then re-attach the assembly. The issue is the head of the bolt that fastens the lower control arm to the lower control arm bracket blocks the head of the bolt that fastens the anti-roll bar to it's bracket.

Please excuse my layman explanation and description, I was not trying to be funny or misleading. I do this as a hobby, so every session under the car is a learning experience. This was my third anti-roll bar as the previous two would not work with the Fays2 WL and Griggs TA. The first was Ford Racing, and the second was an Eibach. My intent was simply to share what worked for me.

Attachments

• DSCN0187.jpg
    DSCN0187.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 13

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Would a relocating bracket for the rear sta-bar help? I think BMR makes those, though they're more commonly billed as making it possible to run 15" drag wheels and tires.

Norm

cgornowich

forum member
Reaction score
Relocation Bracket for anti-roll bar

Hi Norm, I didn't know there was a relocation bracket for the anti-roll bar mounting point. It looks like it locates the mounting point closer to the axle housing, and that might work. I'll lay it out when I have a chance and take a look. Thanks for the tip.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
If I may offer a simpler suggestion, reverse the orientation of your bolt for the sway bar adjustable end mounting point. Look back at my photo and you'll see I have the nut on the inboard side so that if an LCA relocation bracket was installed, it wouldn't interfere with the adjustment of the sway bar. There is plenty of room toward the brake rotor for the length of the bolt as well as room within the wheel barrel itself for a box wrench or ratchet.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back