Broken spark plug in head procedure.

Solitear

forum member
Reaction score
Well I need to do plugs since i plan to spray more...great...i pray i never need this...(Bookmarked)

smokinAMD

Reaction score
Is this not an issue on 2009's or 2010's? I've only heard of this issue on 4.6's and 5.4's in trucks. I was under the impression the stangs had different heads. Or maybe I misunderstood and it's the 09's and up that have different heads.

Slightly confused at the moment.

glg20

Reaction score
From what I have read, Ford changed the heads for a different style plug mid-year 2008. Maybe a class action will result because of this.

07arcticwhiteGT

Parking lot ornament
Reaction score
Wish I would have seen this this past weekend lol..my buddy and I were changing the plugs in his 06 and the plug broke off. he had to have it towed to the dealer and they charged him $100 to get it out.. (luckily, the plugs were under recall from Ford so he gets reimbursed for it all) but good info will definitely remember this if it happens again.

Boozshey

Reaction score
allplugs.jpg

sparkplugtool.jpg

plunger.jpg

removerjacket.jpg

removerandjacket.jpg

success.jpg

success8.jpg

Boozshey

Reaction score
There is NO recall. It's a TSB. Basically it's Ford saying, "Yeah we eff'd up, if yours are eff'd then this is how we will rape you and fix it."

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
So you were SCd with stock plugs? I've got a PH turbo on the way and Mike's going to be sending me HT0's with the kit. I got 4 off last night and will attempt the other 4 tonight.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Luckily all 8 of mine came out with 40k on the clock. passenger side was pretty clean but driver side was starting to get a decent amount of carbon. How did you all clean the seat where the spark plug sits down in the head?? There was a lot of trash down in there.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back