2011 TSB Thread

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Re: TSB 10-21-3

Its the first model year with new everything what the hell did you expect?
This is getting ridiculous.

I thought Ford was making better cars now, apparently I was misinformed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
If your only going to bitch about Ford's quality I'll quit posting TSBs.

Hey brother, don't take it personally. Some people are just ignorant as to how a new model year car is going to need maintenance for unforeseen issues. So far, I don't think there has been a new model car built EVER that didn't have issues come up that simply weren't seen in initial testing.

Ford's testing grounds are some of the most comprehensive in the business. But as always, the car manufacturers simply cannot simulate or make the car experience every single environment and customer driving scenario out there.

To have an all new drive train, greatly upgraded suspension and features as well as an all new PCM, some gremlins are sure to pop their little heads up.

My 2009 Honda Civic SI had 7 specific TSB's in the first year alone. And the fucking model style had been out since 2006!!!! The current Honda Civic DX/EX/GX/SI platform, which was started in 2006, has had 274 TSB's issued since that model car came out in late 2005 as a new refreshed engine for the SI and body styles. I had to take the car in five times within the first six months to have things fixed. The radio shit itself, the clutch pedal solenoid crapped out, had to get the transmission third gear syncro's replaced, the digital speedo had to be replaced and finally, the paint over the hood and front fenders had 20 crows feet marks per inch of paint in less than six months. The hood and fenders had to be repainted under warranty. When I sold the damned thing, it was coming back and needed to be done again. Oh yeah, had TPMS issues too.

So much for Honda quality huh?

Having a couple out in the first year of production with a completely new drive train and significantly upgrade suspension an other systems? I'm impressed as hell!!!! This is absolutely wonderful news that there's only been two TSB's!

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I think there is also confusion about the purpose of a TSB. A TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) is NOT a recall and some vehicles may never experience the problem that a certain TSB addresses. However if a vehicle does exhibit the symptoms described by the TSB, the technician uses the information in the TSB to make PCA (Permanent Corrective Action) rather than making an incorrect diagnosis or wasting valuable troubleshooting time that neither Ford nor the customer should/will pay for.

Last edited:

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
So you don't think the new 2011 MY Mustang w/5.0L & 6 speed transmission is an improvement over the S197 when it was first released back in 2005?

Here's some facts: There have only been 2 TSBs on the 2011 MY 5.0L Mustang. In the first year of production back in 2005 there were 14 TSBs released. That list has now grown to 67 TSBs. You don't think that's an improvement?

Actually, I do believe quality of the new Mustang is an issue, but not because there have been too many TSBs. A scan of the Mustang forums will show you there have been several key problems that Ford has not adequately addressed. If there were TSBs, I'd feel better.

I would rather have 15 TSBs than only 2 -- it would show Ford is doing something about the problems instead of playing dead.

And if you don't like my bitching about it, then feel free to not post any more TSBs. Posting them doesn't entitle you to get only responses you like.

O

Omcar

High performance cars will always have gremlin or 2 to work out. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. :bigbeer:

Reaction score
Actually, I do believe quality of the new Mustang is an issue, but not because there have been too many TSBs. A scan of the Mustang forums will show you there have been several key problems that Ford has not adequately addressed. If there were TSBs, I'd feel better.

I would rather have 15 TSBs than only 2 -- it would show Ford is doing something about the problems instead of playing dead.

And if you don't like my bitching about it, then feel free to not post any more TSBs. Posting them doesn't entitle you to get only responses you like.

Care to elaborate the bolded blanket statement?

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
Then i'll just take it as a blanket statement with you trying to toot your horn and look all smart and junk on the innernets.

You should take it that I'm not interested in walking you through the concept of 'Google.'

Reaction score
You should take it that I'm not interested in walking you through the concept of 'Google.'

I'm not wanting you to give me google searches tard-bot. I'm just wanting you to put a little bit of meat to your posts. Only real problem people have had on this website that i have noticed is the clutch pedal, and *SOME* have had the whole clutch take a shiit. That is the only *KEY* problem(s) i have seen so far with the 5.0. As far as the whole clutch taking a dive, i'm pretty sure its in the works getting a fix. So no need to fear about that.

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, first off, "tard-bot" is funny as hell. Kudos.

Secondly, if you look around the other forums (and this one), you'll see:

1. A highway speed "shimmy" on numerous 2011 Mustangs that Ford has yet to rectify.

2. The aforementioned clutch issue. I've seen where one person claims the TSB did not fix the problem -- just one, though, so I'm not saying it's widespread.

3. An abnormal "ticking" sound under load and at idle. There's even Youtube videos of it.

4. A lifter tick (lash adjusters?) at idle.

5. Intermittent starting issues, including abnormally long cranking times.

6. Rough idle, which Ford says is the nature of the car. I'm okay with that.

7. Trouble shifting with the manual (seperate from the clutch), to include grinding going into second and third gears and/or the need for abnormal amounts of force to get the car into gear.

8. Brake squealing, particularly on the Brembos. I'm not concerned about that one.

No one complains about the power, though, so maybe that's good enough for most :)

Reaction score

1. A highway speed "shimmy" on numerous 2011 Mustangs that Ford has yet to rectify.

2. The aforementioned clutch issue. I've seen where one person claims the TSB did not fix the problem -- just one, though, so I'm not saying it's widespread.

3. An abnormal "ticking" sound under load and at idle. There's even Youtube videos of it.

7. Trouble shifting with the manual (seperate from the clutch), to include grinding going into second and third gears and/or the need for abnormal amounts of force to get the car into gear.

8. Brake squealing, particularly on the Brembos. I'm not concerned about that one.

No one complains about the power, though, so maybe that's good enough for most :)

I've heard of all of those you mentioned except for the starting issues. But item 7 is the one from the tech section here. Guy was having trouble with his clutch going into gear and they found out the clutch was coming loose. I think he got it fixed, but probably happen again due to bolt stress or under torquing.

Now see, that wasnt so hard. ;)

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
So you don't think the new 2011 MY Mustang w/5.0L & 6 speed transmission is an improvement over the S197 when it was first released back in 2005?

Here's some facts: There have only been 2 TSBs on the 2011 MY 5.0L Mustang. In the first year of production back in 2005 there were 14 TSBs released. That list has now grown to 67 TSBs. You don't think that's an improvement?

Sorry to get your panties in a bunch. Take a deep breath, everything will be ok.

There's only been 2 TSBs? The car has only been out on the market in numbers for a few months. Also, just because there's only 2 doesn't mean there's no problems, Ford has just acknowledged a problem with the 2 TSBs. I'm sure there's more to come.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score

9. Numerous failed rear ends

10. A guy's throttle control light came on, had to have instrument cluster replaced.

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
9. Numerous failed rear ends

10. A guy's throttle control light came on, had to have instrument cluster replaced.

Well, I was trying to stick with examples where multiple people have complained. #9 qualifies.

Reference the 2nd and 3rd gear, other folks have complained too, and it doesn't sound like the clutch. As a matter of a fact, I have never had a problem with the clutch, but the 2nd and 3rd gear issues have just started to surface. I have about 5k miles on the car.

46foxcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
My car was finished on 5/12/10. I've had the problem with the clutch dowel pins, fuel gauge and rear end whine. I haven't had the problem with the clutch pedal sticking to the floor.

I'm just glad that they're problems that appear to be common amongst other cars, and that Ford is recognizing and fixing them.

Virtually all new models have problems, but not all new models run like this 5.0 does. I'm still very pleased to have such performance in such an affordable new car.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back