Dyno Testing Complete: Lethal Performance Offroad X/H Pipes 14-16rwhp Gain

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score

We finally found the time to mock up an offroad x and h pipe for the 2011 3.7L V6. We've seen how well they work on all of the previous model mustangs so why wouldn't it work on the 2011 v6?

When I first started talking about this on some of the forums several members questioned it. However I said to myself this is a 305hp car. Removing the cats has to show some gains.

So we headed off to Power by the Hour in Boynton Beach, FL where Jake and crew helped with our testing. The test car was a 2011 V6 with the automatic transmission and 93 octane. Our first 2 baseline runs yielded us only 224rwhp and 245rwtq. Definitely lower HP than I thought it would make but the TQ looked good. Keep in mind that the auto trans typically makes less then a manual car does. That's just part of the drivetrain loss associated with the auto trans.

After the baseline runs were done we let the car cool down and did the swap over to our 2.5" offroad X-pipe. Just like the stock midpipe our offroad midpipe is 2.5" all the way back and necks down to 2 1/4" where it mates to the stock overaxle pipes.

We put the car back on the dyno and ran it again with the stock calibration. Both runs showed an increase of 14 and 16rwhp. Torque increased by 5rwtq on each run.

We then flashed the car with an SCT X3 loaded with a custom tune from our tuner Jon Lund. Ran the car again 2 times and the car picked up another 5-6 rwhp making the total gain for the offroad x-pipe and tune around 20rwhp.

Then it was time to ditch the closed stock airbox for one of JLT's cold air kits. The installation of the intake was a breeze. JLT's air kit goes together in minutes and fits perfect. It had all of the connections needed for the PCV and came with high quality silicone hose couplers. Swap the stock maf sensor over and bolt the heat shield in and you're done.

JLT's intake doesn't require a tune however Jon Lund put together a tune he believed would work best for the intake and offroad pipe.

We made a few more pulls and were pleased to see a 28-30rwhp increase over stock.

Not bad for a few hundred dollars worth of mods. Not only did we pick up some respectable rwhp and tq the car sounded much more aggressive with the catless pipe.

For anyone interested in the Lethal Performance offroad x-pipe/h-pipe for the 2011 V6 please visit our website Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs or just give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.

Make sure to check out our Facebook page as well and "LIKE" us to see more info and dyno sheets of our testing.

Thanks for all of your support!

X-Pipe $209.95
http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...-2011-2012-3-7l-v6-2-5-offroad-x-pipe-p-37678

H-Pipe $209.95
http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...-2011-2012-3-7l-v6-2-5-offroad-h-pipe-p-37679

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
i think once the development process on this new v6 ramps up your going to see a lot of high hp sixers around. maybe not as abundent as the v8's but still will make a name for itself.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Run 1 - Stock 2011 Auto 93 octane
Run 4 - Stock tune with Lethal Performance Offroad X-pipe
Run 5 - Jon Lund 93 octane tune & Lethal Performance Offroad X-pipe
Run 8 - JLT Intake, Jon Lund 93 Octane tune, Lethal Performance Offroad X-pipe.

lethalbugetv6.jpg

Blank

forum member
Reaction score
good numbers i am trying to talk my wife into getting it for hers she already has roush axel back so that thing would scream

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
For those interested here's a picture of our offroad x-pipe next to the stock catted pipe. As you can see it's a direct bolt in and goes between the stock manifolds and over axle pipes. No cutting, welding or modification is needed to install it.

2011v6X.jpg

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Kinda funny how slowly it pulls to redline compared to the 5.0's.

Those gains are nothing to sneeze at. Definitely something the seat dyno would feel and appreciate. The torque gains from 3250 to 3750 are really impressive as is the HP in the higher RPM's. Taking into account Florida weather and this is really nice overall.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
May have to make a turbo kit for these sixer's ;)

That would be a good idea. I saw a 2012 with just a procharger p1sc and tune make 450rwhp. The internals are beefed up in the stock motor vs a 5.0. The first GT500s didn't make 450rwhp stock. It would make a killer sleeper car.

tturbocar

Reaction score
yeah ill be getting this hopefully before years end..sure will be loud just connected to my pypes catback system haha

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
so the new jlt doesnt require a tune? a guy at work just bought a newgeneration jlt for his 4.0 and ive got the original on my 4.0. the new filter is smaller, the intake tube is smaller and the maf section is smaller. my car wont even start without a tune for the cai. i`ll have to check into this more.

they sure did better with the 3.7`s. pretty nice gains with the new exhaust

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
What's odd to me is the seemingly 25% drivetrain loss (or possible other issue). A stock 3V baselines at around 265 RWHP with 300 crank. Meanwhile this 300HP vehicle only did 224 RWHP. Something doesn't seem right.

Yes I realize this is an old thread.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
What's odd to me is the seemingly 25% drivetrain loss (or possible other issue). A stock 3V baselines at around 265 RWHP with 300 crank. Meanwhile this 300HP vehicle only did 224 RWHP. Something doesn't seem right.

Yes I realize this is an old thread.

It's a V6, no where near as much torque as a 3V V8. Probably why

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
The lack of torque accounts for why the V6 isn't as fast as the 3V even though "they have the same HP" but the lack of torque shouldn't be the cause of the low 224 RWHP that it put down. Drivetrain loss is drivetrain loss. We should be seeing roughly a 13-15% drop in power if it's a manual trans car, not roughly 25%. Something just doesn't seem right.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back