Sky Render's Build Thread

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My review of the Radium Engineering coolant expansion tank finally went live:

Tested: Radium Coolant Expansion Tank

You know, I'm pretty dang impressed with this thing. I've been watching cylinder head and coolant temps like a hawk since the installation, and I've actually noticed lower (~5 degrees) coolant temperatures and quicker recovery times, as well. Of course, that's a pretty unscientific test, so I didn't publish that info.

IMG_1630%20Edited-X2.jpg

Great write up. How much do they go for and do they have anything for the 05?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great write up. How much do they go for and do they have anything for the 05?

$310, plus $30 for the pressure cap. The universal kit is cheaper because it doesn't have the AN fittings.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Coolant-Tank-Kit-2011-Mustang-P1080.aspx

You could definitely use it on the 3-valve, you'd just have to figure out what AN fittings to use. Radium sells all the sizes you'd need:

http://www.radiumauto.com/Universal-Plumbing-C102.aspx

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Your thread was a pleasure to read. I learned a bit too, thanks

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I configured the nGauge's data logger last night to test it out during tomorrow's autocross. You can monitor literally ANY engine parameter with this thing.

For the test, I just had the car idling and blipped the throttle in neutral. Here's a graph of the RPM, throttle position, and fuel pump duty cycle.

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
    Graph.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
I configured the nGauge's data logger last night to test it out during tomorrow's autocross. You can monitor literally ANY engine parameter with this thing.

For the test, I just had the car idling and blipped the throttle in neutral. Here's a graph of the RPM, throttle position, and fuel pump duty cycle.

I switched from SCT to HPT in my 05 and never looked back.

The capability is amazing. Live data-logging with one screen touch. Constant data. All of it in one clean unit? For the extra 100ish bucks compared to a X4, I dont know what it is even a question to anyone that is serious about tuning devices.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I switched from SCT to HPT in my 05 and never looked back.

The capability is amazing. Live data-logging with one screen touch. Constant data. All of it in one clean unit? For the extra 100ish bucks compared to a X4, I dont know what it is even a question to anyone that is serious about tuning devices.

I just data logged an autocross. It's easier to start a data log on this thing than to setup my phone to record a run.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Used the Race Chrono app on my Pixel to record the video, GPS track layout, acceleration, and time.

I used the data logger on the nGauge to record speed, RPM, and everything else.

Then I threw it into Race Render.

AFR for both banks, coolant temp, spark advance, fuel pump duty cycle, battery voltage, throttle position, speed, and RPM. (The gear position is actually incorrect; it was wet and I launched and used 2nd gear for the entire course. The starting line was so slick, first gear was useless.)

Yes, that is way more data than you really need to look at to analyze your driving in an autocross. I mainly did it to illustrate all of the stuff you can log with the nGauge. Pretty cool, huh?

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
Good stuff! I love me data, even if it's on auto-x runs.

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
Used the Race Chrono app on my Pixel to record the video, GPS track layout, acceleration, and time.

I used the data logger on the nGauge to record speed, RPM, and everything else.

Then I threw it into Race Render.

AFR for both banks, coolant temp, spark advance, fuel pump duty cycle, battery voltage, throttle position, speed, and RPM. (The gear position is actually incorrect; it was wet and I launched and used 2nd gear for the entire course. The starting line was so slick, first gear was useless.)

Yes, that is way more data than you really need to look at to analyze your driving in an autocross. I mainly did it to illustrate all of the stuff you can log with the nGauge. Pretty cool, huh?

Going to look into Race Chrono, looks like a pretty cool app.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dark windows lol. Its never been a problem. Do you have the brightness turned all the way to 100%?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dark windows lol. Its never been a problem. Do you have the brightness turned all the way to 100%?

Yes, and unless it's night, it's nearly impossible to see. It isn't the brightness; it's the shininess of the screen. You see nothing but glare.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3M markets some nice anti glare products that I've used for this purpose with great results. Tablet size sheets are the right size and can be trimmed down to fit the gauge accordingly.

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/?N=5002385+8710873+8711017+8725355+8725357+3294857497&rt=r3&WT.mc_id=3MPrivacyFilters_Paid_Search&WT.srch=1&cshift_ck=74236BB3-8335-4164-8536-1AE2FB71DD01cse40d3BAE

Already tried it, believe it or not. Didn't work, although I didn't use that particular product.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
This is going to sound weird, but I'm drawing from experience in my industry... Pull the gauge, mask off the bezel, and do a light dusting with hair spray (may need two or three light coats). Again, I know it sounds weird, but... The hair spray, once dry, diffracts the light enough to pull glare off of shiny surfaces, but is more than transparent enough to see through without looking "weird."

This is kind of like using 0000 steel wool or newspaper and vinegar to clean your windows... Odd, but it works!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whaaaaat? I'm going to have to try that. Any particular "type" of hairspray to use, or just go raid whatever's in SWMBO's vanity?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back