My 08 Track Car

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks awesome. I'm curious are those the eibach sportlines or coilovers?

aussiebj

Reaction score
I love the yellow tire lettering. Is that how you ordered them, or do it yourself?

It's something I'm considering to do when i get my new wheels and tires.

Yep that's right Continental slicks come that way and just look good on my car...LOL

aussiebj

Reaction score
This one isn't so clear-cut. Most times I'd agree, here, maybe not.

It's hard to suggest that Aussie's car is a "lesser" car than an original Boss when it would run away and hide from an original 'street' Boss and probably give a track built Boss a pretty good run for its money. An original street Boss would have a tough enough time against a 4.6L car with a sharp tune and tire/wheel/minimal suspension mods.

Norm

I here you, but she will end up with a Boss power plant its got Boss inspired suspension.. and its painted Grabber orange, are you saying ford should only paint Boss cars Boss colors ???
..only difference between this and a real one is I track mine and I would leave a real Boss in the garage..

Thank`s for the interest in my little track toy though...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I was commenting strictly on the matter of "up-badging", which I feel pretty strongly that your car manages to escape. Either by comparison to the recent Boss or its late-1960's predecessor.

Putting C-stripes with "BOSS" lettering on a V6 S197 would be a different matter entirely :tdown:

Norm

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
I here you, but she will end up with a Boss power plant its got Boss inspired suspension.. and its painted Grabber orange, are you saying ford should only paint Boss cars Boss colors ???
..only difference between this and a real one is I track mine and I would leave a real Boss in the garage..

Thank`s for the interest in my little track toy though...

Clearly you are free to badge your car as you see fit but there are purists who will see things differently. Even if you bought the whole Ford Motorsport catalogs worth of Boss parts the car will never be a real Boss and vehicles labled as such tend to water down the brand.

You may want to consider researching the real differences between an 08 GT and a 2012 Boss. Your last statement is a perfect example of the watering down of the brand I mentioned when folks think they add a few stickers and misc parts to their car and spread the word they now have a Boss....But hey it's your car and story so tell it however makes you happy

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Clearly you are free to badge your car as you see fit but there are purists who will see things differently. Even if you bought the whole Ford Motorsport catalogs worth of Boss parts the car will never be a real Boss and vehicles labled as such tend to water down the brand.

You may want to consider researching the real differences between an 08 GT and a 2012 Boss. Your last statement is a perfect example of the watering down of the brand I mentioned when folks think they add a few stickers and misc parts to their car and spread the word they now have a Boss....But hey it's your car and story so tell it however makes you happy

He intends to install a boss power train in it....so it becomes a boss at that point. What if the real Boss owners, replaced the oem boss suspension with an expensive coil over setup.... is it still a 'real boss' ?

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
I would love to take my car on a road course. I have recently got into autocross. Just picked up some 18x10 wheels yesterday for next season. Maybe one day I will have the chance to get on a road course lol

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
You can't be that far from VIR: Virginia International Raceway in Alton, near Danville... Or Dominion in Thornburg. Your dream is only a sign-up away!! NASAracing.net will get you there. They'll be at Dominion July 22-24, and at VIR August 20-21.

Best part about it is that you'll be able to use 3rd gear. ;-) And 4th. And possibly 5th...

Mike Rousch

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would love to take my car on a road course. I have recently got into autocross. Just picked up some 18x10 wheels yesterday for next season. Maybe one day I will have the chance to get on a road course lol

You can't be that far from VIR: Virginia International Raceway in Alton, near Danville... Or Dominion in Thornburg. Your dream is only a sign-up away!! NASAracing.net will get you there. They'll be at Dominion July 22-24, and at VIR August 20-21.

Best part about it is that you'll be able to use 3rd gear. ;-) And 4th. And possibly 5th...

Dave is correct, You live about 10 min from me. VIR is less then 2 hours, Dominion (Thornburg) should be open this month and is about 45 min from us. You are more then welcome to stop in anytime and I will give you the rundown on how to get out there!

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score

Dave is correct, You live about 10 min from me. VIR is less then 2 hours, Dominion (Thornburg) should be open this month and is about 45 min from us. You are more then welcome to stop in anytime and I will give you the rundown on how to get out there!

Dave: You have a point there!

Mike: Shit, I think your shop is right down the street from where I work. I will PM you rather than blowing up the OPs thread.

Thanks guys!

aussiebj

Reaction score
Ok my 08 is going up for sale I did try to post in classifieds section , but do not have permission for some reason .. pm me for details if interested or send me to the right place to post .. I read the rules section could not find the answer there..

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I've seen members with less posts than you post up in the classifieds.

PM stkjock, and I'm sure he can help.

And obligatory question...why are you selling? That's a sweet track car.

aussiebj

Reaction score
Love the car and I could not bring myself to take the mustang to the next level I wanted to go, shes to nice. So I bought another track dedicated car, and I cant have 2 cars I very rarely drive..13k and she can be yours..

Last edited:

aussiebj

Reaction score
12.5k and she could be yours....

2008 premium based Gt
Motor has a CAI that's it 110K miles runs like a dream only use Mobil one and Ford Motorsports Racing filters,
has cats but then MBRP straight pie, not as loud as you think,
Ford racing clutch with SS hyd line gives better clutch engagement
Roush Short throw shifter
Big Aluminum drive shaft
3.73 posi rear, Ford Racing aluminum diff cover
Suspension
Front ....
Ford racing struts, Steeda competition springs, White Line boss type front LCA brackets, Steeda X2 ball joints, Steeda bumpsteer kit, MM caster camber plates, Ford racing sway bar

Rear
Bilstien shocks, Steeda completion sprins, Ford Racing LCA`s, White Line LCA relocation brackets, White Line adj panard bar,

Brakes
Stop tech slotted high carbon rotors fr/rear, Hawk DTC 60 pads all round , Russell SS brake lines all round, Petossin Synethic brake fluid, Blow by Racing Brake booster support ( not installed Yet)

Wheels
Street are 18x 8.5 with 255 x 40 General tier's,
Track are 18 x 10 all round with 275 x 35x 18 continentals

The car is very neutral with this setup and is a lot of fun on the track .. it needs to go to the next level, with weight reduction and that would make it even more fun
only reason for the sale is I have an E46M3 I'm turning into a track car and I do not need two track cars..
6315041440 call me if you have and other questions..
Thanks Barry

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back