VMP TVS - emissions question

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I plan on contacting VMP directly. Before doing so I would like to see if anyone here has dealt with this situation.

I may need to pass emissions in NV. NV is a OBD2 testing state. No visual or tailpipe test is required. The vehicle is a 2014 5.0. O/R h-pipe. PCV system deleted. Currently the car has no CEL displayed and runs good.

Vehicle has been driven thousands of miles since the last time I have flashed the PCM or disconnected the battery. I hooked up a scan tool and checked my readiness states. I have attached the photos from the software. It appears I have a problem. VMP has stated in the past that they "leave all emissions related items stock" and do not turn off the rear O2 sensors.

Informed opinions on this situation would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

Smalls5oh

forum member
Reaction score
Missouri has the same test. Here, you can have one monitor "not ready" and still pass. It looks like the Cat, O2, and O2 Heater are in a "not ready" state.

Have you called VMP about it? I would be curious as to why the O2 sensors are in a not ready state. That's weird. They are widebands on these cars and are obviously functioning.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Missouri has the same test. Here, you can have one monitor "not ready" and still pass. It looks like the Cat, O2, and O2 Heater are in a "not ready" state.

Have you called VMP about it? I would be curious as to why the O2 sensors are in a not ready state. That's weird. They are widebands on these cars and are obviously functioning.

He said he has an O/R h-pipe ... rear O2's are not widebands and not going ready by not getting hot enough, quick enough .. OP'll need to work the tune to get it to go ready if he hasn't already.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back