Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014

bullitt boy

Reaction score
put it in today with the mgw great addition. I thought the shifts were exact before but now it is a whole new world. Rock solid piece and I did not notice any extra NVH only a small amount of vibration in the shift handle which I assume is due to it being one with the car now.

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
I lowered mine to lowest setting with MGW and have zero nvh, can't tell its not stock until I shift it.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Blowfish with the revised bracket and a Steeda tri ax, installed yesterday. Nice combo and quiet!

bullitt boy

Reaction score
what is the revised bracket?

found it on their site. Looks like its only needed if the original is making noise which mine is not.

Last edited:

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Design flaw? Nah, just a revision. You know, the same kind of revision that MGW is doing with their new race-spec version out now.

And the blowfish revision is free if you return the old mount they credit the cost of the new part. Good deal and the right thing to do IMO.

Surfergeek

forum member
Reaction score
I have this bracket with my Revision 2 (not race shifter) MGW shifter and recently added the MGW stainless bushings in the shifter support arm. Apart from putting in the Magnum, this combo is the best bandaid one can get for this transmission.

I started with just the MGW, improved, but still not perfect, Then added whiteline transmission bushing insert, more improvement but still not perfect.

Added this bracket with MGW bushings and it's about as good as it can get.

I track my car and this combo not only got rid of some of the NVH now that the shifter moves with the transmission shifts under load are greatly improved. And the rest of the time shifting is like buttah!

I'll be running this until my transmission blows up and it's time for a Magnum.

rick@CJPonyParts

CJ Pony Parts
Official Vendor
Reaction score
what is the revised bracket?

found it on their site. Looks like its only needed if the original is making noise which mine is not.

A handful of people complained about too much noise from the shifter area after installation. They redesigned the bracket and it now uses an isolation mount which eliminates the possible noise issue some people experienced.

One bracket isn't better than the other, one just eliminates the chances of having a noise issue.

Stoked

Reaction score
Highly recommend the new mount. I had the original version on my car for about a year before I bought the new one. The noise was maddening.

It isn't nearly as bad now, but still there.

I have it paired with a Tri-Ax also.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the Blow Fish Racing bracket when I had a Barton/FRPP shifter and the vibration/noise was terrible. I didn't think the combination was all that great.

MGW came out with the Race Spec shifter that I bought about six months later and the change from Barton/FRPP/Blow Fish to MGW Race Spec was fantastic. Smoother shifts, totally quiet and zero vibrations.

I'd highly recommend the MGW Race Spec for the MT-82 as the first and only option.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
My car had a Barton 2-post in it when I bought it. Let me just say that there is nothing more annoying then sitting at a light with lots of traffic, and when the light turns green you are locked out of 1st!

The Blowfish completely eliminated any and all lockout. I dont notice any NVH from it. Sure the gears can still be a little clunky going into, but it actually works 100% of the time now.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back