Please help educate me; ProCharger and oil catch can questions...

GLOCKer

Reaction score
I've got a 2014 GT with a ProCharger P-1-SC-1 Stage 2 installed. I was running a passenger side JLT oil separator when I was NA, but the ProCharger install requires the passenger side PCV be capped off. If I remember correctly, the driver side is run to the intake before the head unit.

It's my understanding that roughly 80% of the blow-by coming from the motor is going through the passenger side PCV. With that capped off but the driver side still routed into the intake, how does that effect the amount of oil sludge that might be going into the intake?

Should I modify my passenger side oil separator to work with the routing for the ProCharger on the driver side? Should I modify the passenger side oil separator to run it all the way across to the ProCharger intake tube?

Should I just leave it all alone and run it how it is?

Future plans include a smaller pulley, headers and midpipe, and dyno-tuning...

Thanks guys!!!

A little before and after:

14542302_10157741119795107_684131700741597629_o.jpg

Last edited:

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
Why is the PCV "capped off"??:confused:

I have a ProCharger on my Marauder with a fully functional PCV system....ya just need a PCV valve that closes with pressure to keep from pressurizing the CC!!:thumb2:

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
If you leave any type of pcv system hooked to the inlet of the procharger you will get blow by into your compressor and your charge piping.

I deleted it all together and went to a vented catch can off of both cam covers

GLOCKer

Reaction score
I don't know why the installation calls for the passenger side to be capped off; it's what's instructed in the ProCharger install manual. Any issues from hooking my JLT passenger side catch can back up and let it run normally where it dumps back in before the throttle body?

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
If you leave any type of pcv system hooked to the inlet of the procharger you will get blow by into your compressor and your charge piping.

I deleted it all together and went to a vented catch can off of both cam covers

Catch cans on both of my lines and no oil in the blower at all plus I have a fully functional PCV system!!:clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back