Strut tower brace and supercharger clearance

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Any body know if the ford racing strut brace will clear over a KB 2.6?
or any roots blower in that case?

Are there strut bars that will fit over a blower like the KB 2.6?

On the site it says it clears the factory hood and only requires a small notch in the x-brace?
is the x brace referring to the hood or strut brace?

thanks

bullitt boy

Reaction score
I know some Bullitt owners who have put 1/4" spacers under the strut brace mountings to clear the blower of choice.Or get lowered motor mounts. JDM sells em.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
I know some Bullitt owners who have put 1/4" spacers under the strut brace mountings to clear the blower of choice.Or get lowered motor mounts. JDM sells em.

thanks
yea ive been thinking about the spacers option, hopefully itll have enough of a seat for the bolt to tighten up

07 Boss

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this but I think I remember reading somewhere that the Agent 47 STB may go over the top of some twin screw applications. Like I said it's fuzzy info.

blueone

forum member
Reaction score

The bullitt brace will clear the KB 2.6L without spacers.

010.jpg

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
thanks, hopefully thats the same one from the bullitt and the shleby GT, looks like theyre both from ford and they look pretty similar...

blueone

forum member
Reaction score
thanks, hopefully thats the same one from the bullitt and the shleby GT, looks like theyre both from ford and they look pretty similar...

The Shelby GT brace will not clear.That's the Bullitt STB,they are similar but the SGT brace definitly will not fit.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
If you have the ford racing stb, I have a bullitt stb I'll trade you if that's what you need. Pm if you want

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to report, the Agent 47 double barrel stb did not fit over my KB Mammoth, even with lowered motor mounts..
Don't quote me on this but I think I remember reading somewhere that the Agent 47 STB may go over the top of some twin screw applications. Like I said it's fuzzy info.

Last edited:

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
If you have the ford racing stb, I have a bullitt stb I'll trade you if that's what you need. Pm if you want

thank you,

ill PM you in about a month or so, when i get the blower, and if u still have it ill trade ya! dont hold onto it if ure gonna sell it or anything, cos let me get my blower installed lol then we'll talk if u still have it around! :thumb2:

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Not to highjack this thread; but anyone know of a STB that fits over a whipple?

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
thank you,

ill PM you in about a month or so, when i get the blower, and if u still have it ill trade ya! dont hold onto it if ure gonna sell it or anything, cos let me get my blower installed lol then we'll talk if u still have it around! :thumb2:

Lol it's on my car and I'm not trying to sell it so it's not going anywhere. Just pm me whenever your ready

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
The Bullit one will not clear a Whipple.. and if you put spacers on it, it'll likely hit the OEM hood.

The only one I know of that will clear the Whipple is made by Steeda specifically for a Whipple equipped GT. ..but, you'll need a Cowl hood to clear it, and it's probably only designed to fit their cowl hoods.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great thread, I have been wanting a strut tower brace as well. I really miss my Strang STB, really made the front end feel more solid, but would fit with the KB. I haven't seen a STB fit without lowering the engine with shorter motor mounts until now.

Very interested in the Bullitt STB now, put up some pics and what you think when you put yours on. :thumb2:

Last edited:

blueone

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the pic! Does the brace rub the intake tube, and if so, is it a problem? Do you have lower motor mounts? Thanks!!

It barely touches if at all (can see light between it and the tube) and no rubbing problems with stock motor mounts either, a lot of Shelby guys are running it without problems. It will not even come close to clearing the Whipple intake tube.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
It barely touches if at all (can see light between it and the tube) and no rubbing problems with stock motor mounts either, a lot of Shelby guys are running it without problems. It will not even come close to clearing the Whipple intake tube.

Kenne Bell :chainsaw: Whipple

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back