New Livernois Motorsports Cam Phaser Limiters

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Livernois New Product Release

Cam Phaser Limiter Kit

Livernois Motorsports is proud to introduce another exciting new product for the Ford 3-Valve 4.6 modular engine. With the ever evolving technology and development of new camshaft and valvetrain components for the 3-Valve modular engine, the need for improvements to the factory Ford VCT system has become a hot topic. Livernois was the first in the market with an economical and readily available fix for the problems that plagued the factory Ford VCT system. We introduced the solid fixed lockout kit which locks out the factory phaser and eliminates the failures & noise problems associated with the cam phasers, thus allowing the use of aftermarket cam and spring profiles without fear of failure of the factory cam phaser. Now, we have taken this one step further and are proud to introduce our new phaser lockout limiter kit.

The original cam lockouts were built with the goal of preventing failure of the cam phaser. They do an excellent job of this and cure cam phaser issues, however they do limit the engines ability to retard the cam timing and as a result, cause a small loss in power at high RPM. In most cases we are talking 10-20HP depending on the application. That loss in power was worth it, given the gain from using aftermarket springs and cams was double that number. Not to mention, with power adders vehicles making 600+ RWHP, the loss of 10-20 HP was small for the gain in durability and ultimate assurance that the cam phaser would not fail causing possible engine failure.

The next step in this evolution comes with this new limiting version of the same lockout. Simple in design and requiring no special tools to install, the limiting lockouts allow for the phaser to retard the camshaft still but limit its travel to only 20 degrees maximum. In most cases max power can be found in the 8-14 degree range of retard, so by still allowing up to 20 degrees of camshaft retard, the ability to get maximum power from cam phasing is available. The limiter mechanically locks after 20 degrees and prevents any further movement. This allows for use of larger camshafts with more lift and duration and prevents piston to valve issues. The other benefit that goes with the limiter is that it prevents the noise and durability issue from becoming a factor. By reducing the volume of oil and limiting the total travel rotation of the phaser the issues with noise and failure of the phaser are eliminated.

Retail $129.99/set

*Patent Pending

This product can be found on our site here

img-1884-large.jpg

camlimiter.gif

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
i like this design.

can you provide a link, to the installation
instructions, thanks

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool Rick.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Looks like that's something I'll have to get when it comes time for rebuilding the motor. I take it that you only need one of these for the motor?

Congrats on a better product :thumb:.

Ed

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Looks like that's something I'll have to get when it comes time for rebuilding the motor. I take it that you only need one of these for the motor?

Ed
You'd need two... one on each phaser.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Don is correct.

I'm guessing that its there to keep a little pressure on the two blocks when they are open.

The spring is there so the two pieces of the limiter are held together and don't fall out.

Ed

They are sold in sets, so you'll need 1 pair.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

mike@livernois

Official Vendor
Reaction score
what's with the spring?

Just to follow up with both what Rick and Don both said which is correct.

The spring keeps a little bit of pressure on both pieces to ensure that they stay in the correct orientation during movement. There are actually two small pockets in the face of each piece to allow the spring to stay in place and to allow the spring space when the two pieces come fully together.

There is also a small pocket milled into the side of one of the pieces that uncovers the oil hole and allows oil to freely flow into the cavity and control the phasing ability of the gear.

If there are any other questions just let me know and I will see if I can help out.

Thanks
Mike
Livernois

MSgt46270

Reaction score

The spring keeps a little bit of pressure on both pieces to ensure that they stay in the correct orientation during movement. There are actually two small pockets in the face of each piece to allow the spring to stay in place and to allow the spring space when the two pieces come fully together.

There is also a small pocket milled into the side of one of the pieces that uncovers the oil hole and allows oil to freely flow into the cavity and control the phasing ability of the gear.

If there are any other questions just let me know and I will see if I can help out.

Thanks
Mike
Livernois

mike@livernois

Your first post, Welcome.

don_w

Reaction score

Thanks
Mike
Livernois
Welcome to S197Forum Mike!! :beer:

And is this Mike Schropp? If so, how have you been? I haven't talked with you for a while!

don_w

Reaction score
That is the one and only (at least at Livernois... lol) Mike Schropp!!!:clap:

-Rick
Mike was extremely helpful to me when I bought my Livernois heads a couple years ago. That was my first experience with your company, and it was an excellent example of great customer service. I've been a big Livernois advocate ever since. :beerdrink:

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
i always wanted to do the cams job but had worries of ruining my block, i think this would help...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike was extremely helpful to me when I bought my Livernois heads a couple years ago. That was my first experience with your company, and it was an excellent example of great customer service. I've been a big Livernois advocate ever since. :beerdrink:

Ditto for me. Welcome Mike - it's good to see you making a visit. I saw some bigger losses than you guys saw from the old lock-outs and took them off because of it. This is what the doctor ordered for me and I will be getting a set - thanks.

:beer:Mark

mike@livernois

Official Vendor
Reaction score
i like this design.

can you provide a link, to the installation
instructions, thanks

Missed this one, sorry.

I am currently working on directions for these. I think a large part of the directions is going to be a link to the website directing people to look at the animated picture to make sure that everything is oriented in the correct location and that there phasers work just as in the picture.

There will be written literature with illustrations as well though that will come with the kit too.

Of course if anyone has any issues at all figuring it out during install I am available via phone and email to help talk somebody through it as well.

Thanks

Mike Schropp

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back