R/C Boats

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone here into R/C boats?

I have one sitting in my closet. I pulled it all apart about two years ago to upgrade the wiring and the batteries, and just never put it back together. I think it might be time to break it out again! Someone give me a little motivation!

Here's a short vid:

And a couple of photos:

DSC_0071.jpg

rcboat1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0796.jpg

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
That's crazy. I wanted to get a boat back when I was racing cars and trucks. Ended up getting into real cars and that was the end of that.

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that's fast! I had a hydroplane about 25yrs ago lol.

Is that Irving? Looks a lot like where I once lived.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I used to have an RC boat. It was really funny till one day it died in the middle of the pond I was running it in.

After that I just ran it when my parents yard flooded lol

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Okay so my cousin had a spartan and it was fast and fun to drive until the top of the hull would come off and then I would have to go retrieve it so if your looking for motivation on making it go fast you can never go wrong with castle creations because that's who's set up was in his spartan the stock Traxxas set up just wasn't powerful enough and I'm looking for a boat small enough for in my pool that I can run a castle motor in so that I can take it to the pond and really rip with it

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Is that Irving? Looks a lot like where I once lived.

It is! I'm always amazed at how many people know that exact spot.

I used to have an RC boat. It was really funny till one day it died in the middle of the pond I was running it in.

I have a 'rescue boat' which is basically a cheap boat from Wal-Mart, with homemade PVC 'arms' covered in foam outdoor pipe insulation. The fast boats usually stay somewhat buoyant long enough for the rescue boat to get them and bring them back to shore.

Usually. :rolleyes:

I have had my fair share of swims to go retrieve a stranded or sunk boat.

I'm looking for a boat small enough for in my pool that I can run a castle motor in so that I can take it to the pond and really rip with it

I've got one I'd sell ya...

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My new thing is drift cars. I built a cheap one out of used ebay tc4 chassis.

R.M.

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had one. He used it to fish. It's unsafe and illegal to fish near the dam, but he will send his boat over with catfish rigging and catch some nice ones. He said sometimes it's kinda hairy getting the boat back and it can take a while to wear the fish out enough, but he says it's great fun.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back