Is anybody here also a skydiver?

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Highly unlikely I know, I just figured I would ask. I've been jumping for about a year now and it has a bigger bug than the mod bug.

If anybody is interested, here's a video back from like April. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rAeV1GpGC8I&desktop_uri=/watch?v=rAeV1GpGC8

I was on a rental rig but I now have my own personal parachute. I'm the guy that is in the door with the blue shorts.

If anyone's curious. We jump from about 14k feet up. Takes roughly 12 minutes to get up to altitude.

Anybody else ever been before?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
vyru8eru.jpg

Went about a month ago on my first jump. Jumped from 13K and what a blast. Want to get certified, but $2K euros is no joke.

Sent from your backside while in mid donkey punch.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
vyru8eru.jpg

Went about a month ago on my first jump. Jumped from 13K and what a blast. Want to get certified, but $2K euros is no joke.

Sent from your backside while in mid donkey punch.

Its not cheap but I love it. My rig cost me about 4500 bucks. But now a jump is only 24 dollars. Did you jump in Europe or in the us? It cost me about 1200 for certification and 2 grand (total, not in addition to haha) for my license.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
This was here in Germany. Man 4500 for your own rig...this is worse than modding the Stang! Lol

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Its so high up you can't even comprehend the fear. Like its just a long way down.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I wanna go because I am terrified of heights

Remember that it's not the fall that'll hurt you. It's the sudden stop provided by the ground.

I want to try it out. Just need to drop a few lbs since I'm at the edge of the extra charge!

What does it take to become certified?

King Dingaling

Reaction score
I was a regular back years ago. Logged 30+ jumps but stopped the day I found out my wife was pregnant.
I miss it,

My suggestion is you have to jump solo for the first(and always) I hate tandem jumpers. It is something you have to experience all by yourself.

But there will always be ppl who need to be babysat as they fall...

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
I enjoyed my tandem. But being under canopy is nice. I only have 60 jumps right now

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Makes it a whole new world. I'm going jumping in the morning. I have 7 tickets with my name on them

Ike

forum member
Reaction score
I wish base jumping was legal, seems like lower cost

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'm going to skydive for the first time in April, should be fun!

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
I wish base jumping was legal, seems like lower cost

Insurance wise, skydiving is the safest extreme sport. BASE jumping is the most dangerous. I don't think I'll ever BASE jump, I'll skydive all day though.

Base is illegal because of trespassing, not the actual jumping

Fd, what's the dropzone called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I just joined the club!!!!

My wife and I went last saturday to celebrate our four year anniversary. It started out pretty much as a "bucket list" thing, but after that first jump, all we both have been thinking about for the last three days is going again! LOL

We are going back later this year to start our AFF training. I really want to learn to go solo, which they tell me is the next step after an 8 hour ground school. My tandem jump was cool, but being out there free falling on your own just has to be an incredible experience!

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
You know that awesome feeling you got?

It never gets old. Never. Happens every time.

You are very lucky. Skydive Alabama has a fantastic plane and great staff. Very very nice dropzone.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
yeah man, it's less than an hour away from my home, so I am very fortunate to be so close. It's the only skydive operation that I have ever been to, so i reallt don't have anything to compare it to, but it seems to be a very nice, well run group of folks. And the facilities look very nice as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back