February 2014 COTM: Taxman

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Taxman1.jpg~original

February 2014 COTM: Taxman

Well the timing for this one couldn't be any better, eh? Jaye Hopp's black convertible. Just perfect to cruise through the polar vortex while trying to figure out how to maximize your tax refund. Like most of us, Jaye's mustang has gone through a few changes along the way before getting here. Four sets of wheels for example. Jaye has done most of the work himself, and you can read more about Jaye and his journey with this car at http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84482

TaxmanEngine1.jpg~original

Taxmanengine2.jpg~original

At the heart of this engine combo a Vortech V3 and a Paxton air to air intercooler. Currently this combo puts down 523 rwhp and 440 ft-lbs of torque. This is no rod breaking machine, however, as Jaye has replaced the toothbrush rods and pistons with all forged internals. Jaye's recent trip to the track was plagued with a few problems which he will sort out, but still managed a 12.10 @ 117 mph. Easy 11s the next time out.

0c5ad8cc.jpg~original

The color scheme Jaye picked for the engine compartment continues into the interior, where there is matching trim on the door panels, dash, and even the shifter knob, a nice touch. Jaye says this is not a show car, but it certainly looks like one. Fact is this is his daily driver, which he also races. He even has another set of bigs and littles for the track.

TaxmanTrack3.jpg~original

Last track outing netted a 12.10 @ 117 mph. Jaye has to chase down a couple gremlins, and when he does he also has a Dynotune Nitrous kit waiting.

Taxman6wheels.jpg~original

One of the past wheel setups. Notice the gauge pod on the A-pillar.

MOD LIST

Vortech V3
Paxton air to air intercooler
Forged internals
FRPP intake manifold
FRPP 62mm Throttle body
MAC Long tube headers
O/R Prochamber
Magnaflow Saleen mufflers
McLeod RST clutch
Ford Racing 3:73 gears
SLP line lock kit
Ford K springs
J&M Lower control arms w/ relocation brackets
J&M Adj. Panhard Bar
Hurst Billet Competition shifter
Racecraft N2 struts and shocks
GT500 strut mounts
GT500 front control arms
Steeda X5 ball joints
BMR Camber bolts
GT500 fan assembly

Vossen C7's 20" rims
Racestar bigs and skinnies for race day
Ram-air fiberglass hood
Agent 47 mirrors
Carbon fiber interior trim
Kenwood Excelon in-dash Nav/CD/DVD player
Smoked headlights w/ 10000k HID's
Clear smoked turn signals
2010 style smoked taillights with sequential wiring
Powder coated Hood pins
Bullit fuel door
Convertible styling bar
Radiator cover extenders
Moroso Fuse box cover
Painted brake calipers
Strut tower brace
Canton aluminum expansion tank
Moroso power steering resevoir
Yellow door piping
Black and yellow sickspeed shift knob
Black billet upper & lower front grilles with hidden fog lights
HID fogs
Cerevini's chin spoiler
Powder coated everything
2011 GT Premium steering wheel
Custom Roush seat covers
Saleen rear fascia

Damn, are you sure that is all of it?

In Jaye's own words:

What can I say? I've loved Mustangs ever since I learned to drive a stick in my buddy's '85 T-topped Fox. I guess I had a mid-life crisis a couple of years ago, and I went and got this one. When I got it, it was lowered and had aftermarket wheels. A buddy of mine turned me on to American Muscle, and then I learned about the forums. I'm proud to say that until very recently when I got hired to be the shop accountant, I did all the work to it myself. It's been a really fun love affair with my car. I'm thinking it's getting about time to move on to something else, but every time I think about selling it, I'm torn. Maybe I'll just keep it and get something else too. Who knows?

Taxmanrear.jpg~original

Saleen rear fascia.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Jaye from all of us on the S197forum team. Now go put on the nitrous system.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Congrats Jaye! You have put a lot of time and money into making the car one of a kind.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Paul kind of brushed over just how much work you've done on this car, Jaye. You certainly have an eye for detail and the more one looks at this car, the more obvious that is. Very nicely done and a very well deserved honor for such a nice car.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Congrats Jaye! One of my favorite cars on S197 and the interweb in general.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back