The Tale of Alexandria, My Magnetic Metallic S550 GT

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I got the raxiom unit for my 2013 and was pleased with it for the price I paid (free ninety nine), but it would have made me mad to have spend 600+ on it. I'd compare it to a $249 universal head unit that you buy at a flea market.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I got the raxiom unit for my 2013 and was pleased with it for the price I paid (free ninety nine), but it would have made me mad to have spend 600+ on it. I'd compare it to a $249 universal head unit that you buy at a flea market.
Thats almost a set of tires. Or 2 sets of brakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Finished the passenger seat tonight. I forgot to mention that I have to cut all the holes for the trim pieces. Cutting brand new custom leather is nerve racking to say the least.

Attachments

• IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 5

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The new seats look awesome, Ryan! I love the color combo you went with.

How is it doing the install? I have a set of katzkin covers for my '13, and I am kinda nervous about doing the install myself. I have watched a couple of YouTube videos on it, and it doesn't look to be that difficult, but I have never done ANY kind of upholstery work, and I don't want to mess up the leather and i don't want it to look like butt when I'm done!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
The new seats look awesome, Ryan! I love the color combo you went with.

How is it doing the install? I have a set of katzkin covers for my '13, and I am kinda nervous about doing the install myself. I have watched a couple of YouTube videos on it, and it doesn't look to be that difficult, but I have never done ANY kind of upholstery work, and I don't want to mess up the leather and i don't want it to look like butt when I'm done!

Thanks Chip! The main color, Autumn, I actually got the idea from another member on M6G. I went with the charcoal/grey inserts to match almost as close as I could to the Magnetic Metallic. I love the way they turned out!

The install was a bit overwhelming at first, but after doing the first seat and seeing how everything went together and learning how to get it together it was not to bad. Not an easy job but not impossible with a little patience and meticulousness. This was the first time I have ever done upholstery as well. I did mess up on trimming out two holes, I cut them a lottle too large but I'll have them sewn and fixed. The work and time spent was well worth the outcome!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back