Going 18x11" Square with 305 tires and rotatable! It can be done!

Surfergeek

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered a second set of these rims to use as my daily drivers and I'll be running 295/35r18 tires on the dailies. Probably pilot super sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldtexasdog

Reaction score
Outstanding Info!! Thanks:clap:

After reading this I think I now know what I need to run a set of 19X10 rims my wife bought me at X-Mas with a set of 285/35/19 tires.
Rims are
offset of + 48mm (1.89")
Back spacing 187mm (7.39")

Stock suspension set up on a 2008 GT

So I would need a 5mm spacer on the front to give me a offset that should allow tire clearance.
With some longer studs of course.
Thanks again

any suggestions on a quality set of spacers? Daily driver and no track use.

Last edited:

Surfergeek

forum member
Reaction score

After reading this I think I now know what I need to run a set of 19X10 rims my wife bought me at X-Mas with a set of 285/35/19 tires.
Rims are
offset of + 48mm (1.89")

So I would need a 5mm spacer on the front to give me a offset that should allow tire clearance.
Thanks again

H&R makes quality sets of hub centric spacers. I also purchased a set off of eBay and measured them out and they were within spec. About half the cost of the H&R and also how I got the 8mm width, they were aluminum hub centric spacers. Just make sure they are Hun centric.

oldtexasdog

Reaction score
H&R makes quality sets of hub centric spacers. I also purchased a set off of eBay and measured them out and they were within spec. About half the cost of the H&R and also how I got the 8mm width, they were aluminum hub centric spacers. Just make sure they are Hun centric.

Thanks will do
Hun Centric ehh?:clap:

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any manufacturer make a 200TW tire that will fit the 18x11? I don't want to drop below a 26" diameter tire, though. I prefer 26.5" diameter. A 19" rim will provide more options with a 305/30/19. I believe that's what the new GT350 is running.

I've been considering this wheel/tire combo since this thread came out. RTR recently introduced the Tech 7 flow formed wheel in a 19x10.5 size. At $300, this is the least expensive flow formed wheel I've come across, and it has the following specs:

7.5" (192mm) back spacing
+45mm offset
24 pounds

Is a 305 tire pushing it too far on this rim? I was thinking I could run any width tire from a 285 - 305. Tire options increase substantially compared to a 10" or 11" rim.

Will this rim need a 15mm spacer on the front in lieu of the 8mm spacer needed with the Forgestar?

I'm hoping some folks with real world fitment experience can assist. Thanks.

smallblock

Reaction score
I've been considering this wheel/tire combo since this thread came out. RTR recently introduced the Tech 7 flow formed wheel in a 19x10.5 size. At $300, this is the least expensive flow formed wheel I've come across, and it has the following specs:

7.5" (192mm) back spacing
+45mm offset
24 pounds

Is a 305 tire pushing it too far on this rim? I was thinking I could run any width tire from a 285 - 305. Tire options increase substantially compared to a 10" or 11" rim.

Will this rim need a 15mm spacer on the front in lieu of the 8mm spacer needed with the Forgestar?

I'm hoping some folks with real world fitment experience can assist. Thanks.

I have 19" x 10.5" +45mm offset rims square on my 2011. I run a 4mm spacer up front and they fit like a glove with stock alignment. I have been running 285/35R19 tires with plenty of clearance.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up going with a 19x10 with 40mm offset. No need for any spacer, and they still clear my 4P Brembos. Tires will be RE71-R in a 285/35/19.

Rims are HRE FF15, but HRE is discontinuing their flow form wheels, so going to be tough to find a replacement. On the bright side, each wheel only weighs 20.6 pounds. I may need to confirm that because it still sounds too good to be true.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I test fit an HRE 20x11 with ET55 on the car and the fit wasn't too bad at the fender well, but there wasn't room at the strut. I'm running H&R Street Sport coil overs. If you don't have offset strut mounts (Cortex), 11 inch rims will not happen. Too much backspacing on the rim.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score

Rims are
offset of + 48mm (1.89")

Thanks again

My car is already running 20x10" +48mm with 285/30-20's at all 4 corners. No spacers needed and slammed on Eibach Sportlines. As you can see I have plenty of space.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back