Installed MMD Bolt on hood strut kit = problems

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
I can't seem to make the passanger side bracket stay flush with the fender when I close the hood no matter how tight I tighten the fender bolt. The drivers side bracket will stay flush no problem.

Also now have a bad gap on the hood, drivers side sits a little high now and the passenger side rubs in the back when opening the hood. It's hard to adjust with one person. Anyone in the OKC area willing to lend a hand? Body shop wants $150 to fix it.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe Big Chief or Daddy Dave?

Kidding aside, that sucks, I have been thinking about putting these on my car after the Cervinis hood, but was hesitant about the install as I was afraid of the same thing happening... Good luck with fix...

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Redline FTW, i know it doesnt help you with your problem, or does it? Those shocks are too strong for our stock hoods.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Why not bend the bracket so it sits flush? Did you bump the hood while everything was loose? I've installed a few sets of the MRT hood struts which is the same style as the MMD, but didn't have any problems with them. A buddy installed a set of MMD's and had to clearance them and stuff to get them to fit.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Where did you get them from? Isn't American Muscle a vendor for MMD? I'd send them back for a new set.

On a side note, yes Redline makes great struts, but the way the word "Mustang" is cut into the hood support bracket on these MMDs is pretty pimp.

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
Redline FTW, i know it doesnt help you with your problem, or does it? Those shocks are too strong for our stock hoods.
I am going to try out the redlines. I ordered a set yesterday and should have them tomorrow. I was looking at them first anyhow and should have went with my gut feeling.

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
Is this with the stock aluminum hood??

I have a fiberglass Kaenen cowl hood. They caused my hood to flex considerably on the drivers side. I have removed them and they are in the for sale section now.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back