nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Yup Motorcraft Gold.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Drove it last night for 5 hours doing some things. Stayed the same. Temperatures stayed between 199f and 201f. When I got into it it I never saw it go above 203f.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

tightwhite08

Reaction score
It could be but one possibility you haven't considered is that there could be air trapped in the cooling system.
The '05-'06 GT models have a bolt in the center of this picture that you can unscrew to bleed the system. Do it from a cold start with the engine at idle speed.

86824d1262226636-cooling-system-bleeding-001.jpg

Anyone know where this bleed bolt is on an 08 GT? I don't have this bolt and can t seem to find where Ford may have moved it.

46addict

Reaction score
Anyone know where this bleed bolt is on an 08 GT? I don't have this bolt and can t seem to find where Ford may have moved it.

07-10 had a different thermostat location and lower hose routing so the bleed bolt may not exist.

If it's kicking in the fans at the correct temp I don't think it's your temp sensor. I also thought that the 05 comes with the red anti freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody know where the temp sensor is on these cars? I read it's on the back of the driver's side head?

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
The '05-'06 GT models have a bolt in the center of this picture that you can unscrew to bleed the system. Do it from a cold start with the engine at idle speed.

Do NOT remove the aforementioned bolt if you run an electric water pump. I can tell you at 55 gpm, antifreeze will hit a fully open hood when you turn the key to the accessory position. It was impressive, but not the "old faithful" I was looking for when I did my motor.

tightwhite08

Reaction score
07-10 had a different thermostat location and lower hose routing so the bleed bolt may not exist.QUOTE]

So if no bleed bolt then raising the front up, filling the coolant at the overflow tank, then squeezing the hoses while the fluid circulates with the car running is how I get any air out (bubbling coming from overflow tank)?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
07-10 had a different thermostat location and lower hose routing so the bleed bolt may not exist.

Anybody know where the temp sensor is on these cars? I read it's on the back of the driver's side head?

It's screwed into the passenger side head in the valley

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back