Combined 15" wheel Fitment Thread

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
It sucks to hear about all the fitment issues, even with relocation brackets. I think I'll just grab some 15x8's when I buy drag wheels, just to make life easier.

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score
It sucks to hear about all the fitment issues, even with relocation brackets. I think I'll just grab some 15x8's when I buy drag wheels, just to make life easier.
Yea, you're really limited to like 3 wheels without running into further modification. I found a guy on another forum that got the street lites to fit. He said it's a PITA because you have to grind the calipers on the top AND on the front, but I think it's worth it for the rare factor. This is what the Street Lite 15x10 look like mounted:
811fc1ef5c3ffdfa9129421474f3c957.jpg

forum member
Reaction score
This thread sucks as a resource. Other than the first post, I cannot search for anything I need in this thread because all my search terms are too short or too common. And I can't post a new thread asking my question because I'll get harassed for not searching. :handjob:

What he said.
I got some race stars in a trade and now I am not sure I want to put up with the uni-lug design. Who is running SVE Drags? Opinions and/or pictures? All of these rims are aluminum rims, right?

How dark are the dark stainless?
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ang-SVE-Drag-Wheel-15X10-Dark-Stainless-05-14

How durable is the gloss black finish on these?
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ustang-SVE-Drag-Wheel-15X10-Gloss-Black-05-14

Thanks.

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score
The Billet Specialties Street Lites 15x10 7.5" BS will fit with the BPS Lightweight brake kit ($199) and Sway Bar relo kit.

44739016684fa6d069eaa81fe127c963.jpg

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with Weld Draglites? I'm looking at the new black ones in 15x8 for my 08 Bullitt.

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got me a 3v GT (2005) and the first thing I did was try fitting on different wheels to see what I could use.
The rears were first.
The 15 x 8 Center Line Telstars most definely will not work. ( these have 5.5 in. b.s.)
They have a shoulder (red arrow) that hits.

Then I tried the Jegs 5 star. ( at least I believe I got them from Jegs...might have been Summit)
Had to do some time grinding on the calipers. Got them to clear while in the driveway.
But then I drove it and on right turns I would hear some grinding but it sounded as if the noise was coming from the left side.
When I took both rears off, the right wheel shows where the caliper ground into the wheel (see pic)
So, the only thing I can think of was I did not get enough clearance ground off the right caliper so when the car turned, the c-clip axles moved inboard and ground the wheel.
Weird because the sound seemed to be coming from left rear.

No problem, a little more time with the bfg will cure that.
I'll post my experience with 3 different brands of 15 inch skinny front wheels later...

10ck9b6.jpg

Last edited:

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
I tried 3 different types of skinnies on the front over the weekend.
Of the 3, the ones that fit are the ones I needed to fit (Prostars) because the other 2 styles go on my other 2 drag cars.

2uqhkxf.jpg

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
These pics show the back side of the 3 different wheels.
The Prostars had a much better shape on the backside to clear the caliper.

The CL Telsar has the worst design for big brakes and had a more squared off design:

2mpd0kk.jpg

The Rodlites...not as bad but even with (2) of the 3/8 spacer it still rubbed:

262lbw5.jpg

1zejj7q.jpg

Last edited:

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
The Prostar with a 3/8 spacer and thin flat washer barely cleared the caliper, so I was confident I could grind the caliper with my BFG to clear it.
After 25 minutes of grind a little, re-check, grind a little more, etc., it cleared.

I used shank lugs and got 8-9 threads of engagement. I really need at least 10 threads.
Later I will add 3 inch long wheel studs, but for now 8-9 will work for testing.

bi4cj7.jpg

213noli.jpg

34zhi12.jpg

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
Side shot with the ProStars on the car:

2rfed0i.jpg

Everything all fitted before the test drive:
Now I just need to get rid of the 4 x 4 look...

nwhuec.jpg

Bud Mud

Reaction score
THANKS to Bird Guy for recommending this site, looks like a lot of help here. Has any body tried the weld magnum 2.0 yet on front? I had them on my outlaw 10.5 camaro and loved them, there pricy but with all the pics and different ideas you have all provided i think i can make them work. THANK YOU Bud.

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
I just got a set of the Jeg's SSR Mag Wheels - 15x8's for the rear and 17x4.5's for the fronts and had to use spacers for the rear.
Part # - Part Number: 555-69129 for the rear's and Part Number: 555-69141 for the front's.
Front's fit fine with no spacer's. Here is a pic on the car:
hGYEXGV.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back