fuel lines

Smeaglly

Reaction score
So for the past few years my car has had the lovely privilege of living in a desert environment and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or instructions on how to clean out possibly clogged fuel lines, I believe they are clogged enough for them to be causing my car to idle rough and not get enough gas when accelerating

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
why would the desert climate cause clogs?

other than running a fuel system cleaner, ie - techron or the like, replacing them is the next option.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Depending on mileage, replace fuel filter. At 50k the shit that came out of mine was worrisome to say the least. Check throttle body for build up. Clean MAF.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
he changed the filter already - per his other thread

Smeaglly

Reaction score
The only reason I'm thinking fuel lines is because of the amount of gunk that came out of the fuel filter was probably the worst I've seen almost looked like mud

By the way I'm talking about the hardlines that are underneath the car and not the one by the engine

Last edited by a moderator:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would check out the condition of the pump and filter sock in the tank as well. I would use air to blow down the lines to check for clogs. You can do it in sections, from hat to filter and filter to rail.

Smeaglly

Reaction score
I just bought a new fuel pump so I know that's good I'll try to see if I can clear out the lines tho

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back