Has anyone painted the saleen intake?

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Saleen Extreme cold air intake on my setup and I was wondering if anyone has painted the intake or has seen any pics of it done.

Thanks

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. Subscr'd.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
What do you paint it with? what kinda of prep and primer? any difference in application between the Intake tube and Air box?

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
yea, I was looking for a smooth look and not the textured look that it comes with. I was thinking of doing both the intake tube and air box blue. How much would you charge for something like that Grnbullit?

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I use dupont paint products.... I recently painted my C&L Racer Intake, started by step sanding it until it was smooth, then hit it with a sandable primer, sanded it with a finer grit, then hit it with 4 coats of paint, then several coats of clear. Let it sit for a couple days then buffed then clear to it's finish.

I have some pictures of them finished product. The intake was given to me damaged and had a nitrous hole which I plugged and you can't even tell it was ever there. I'll post them pictures here when I get home for you guys.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
awesome ! Looking forawrd to seeing this, In the process of getting this done to the C&L Racer!

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the final product...

IMG_0404.jpg

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I did that last year (also on a C&L) and was worried how it would hold up.
Ive had ZERO issues...GO FOR IT!!

twin2.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
why cant you guys LIVE CLOSE !!!!! damn !!! I would love for some gloass black with silver ghost flames hmmmmmmmmmmm !!!

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
The Saleen Air tube is rubber, so i dont think the same painting procedures will work. On top of that all, it has these ridges which will make sanding pretty miserable.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Its not the original intake that comes with the Saleen. We're talking about the Saleen Extreme intake

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Its not the original intake that comes with the Saleen. We're talking about the Saleen Extreme intake

I have the extreme intake, the air arm is oval and rubber. i think you guys are talking about the "Ultimate" intake.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back