Fuel mileage ?s.

SStang

forum member
Reaction score
I rented a 2011 V6 Mustang when I was in CA, and I'm not sure of the fuel mileage. But it seemed to be great, I mean unbelievable. And ran strong for a V6!!!!
What is the real world mileage?

Thanks.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I won a base model 6'er auto in the beginning of June... I wanted to sell it, but the 'other half' stole it shortly after I picked it up and we sold her 2008 Honda POS instead.

Sense we've got it, it's been really hot for our area (AC on always), she has a pretty heavy foot, drives probably 80% hwy 70+ mph, and has around 4500 miles on the 6'er already..

Avg. tank mpg calculated both manually and via dash readout runs between the high 28's and low 32's.
There has been one low tank at 26.9mpg and one high one at 33 something..

The car is the perfect DD.

L454S

Retired Wrench
Reaction score
V6 MPG

Same here, been on a couple road trips already. All tanks hand calculated over 30mpg, sometimes as high as 33. Worst yet was around 25(all city). Better than the 09 Accord Coupe I4 it replaced as my wifes DD.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Same here, been on a couple road trips already. All tanks hand calculated over 30mpg, sometimes as high as 33. Worst yet was around 25(all city). Better than the 09 Accord Coupe I4 it replaced as my wifes DD.

HAHA, the Accord mine sold was an 08 I4 sedan and it was only getting around 30 on the same commute!

808svt

forum member
Reaction score
Last time I checked I was getting 32 plus it is fun to drive.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
I get around 26-31 mph depending on city/highway...... Ans shit yes they are fun to drive! If have an Auto, get tune it makes a world of difference on the shift points....

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
You guys are making it tempting to buy one for a DD. Any other benefits you guys like of the V-siexy?

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I have 3 stangs & a 'beater' 92 F150. If it wasn't for the fact that I want something that can haul/tow & has a useable backseat, I would be buying another 6'er this fall to replace thy 'beater'...

As it is I'm looking at new F150's.. and if the numbers are 'right' a Raptor model. ^.^

808svt

forum member
Reaction score
I get around 26-31 mph depending on city/highway...... Ans shit yes they are fun to drive! If have an Auto, get tune it makes a world of difference on the shift points....
Shift point sure could use some work and that would be my only complaint about the car, mine is an auto as well. I swore I would never buy a v-6 or an auto, got it for the wife and now I drive it and she has the F-150.

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
"You guys are making it tempting to buy one for a DD. Any other benefits you guys like of the V-siexy?"

Lower insurance rates good mileage. Its cheaper, you can pay it off sooner, then put a real engine in it :) I would definitely put a cold air intake and a tune on, the hesitation when stomping the gas is really annoying-Even my wife has noticed it on hers.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
"You guys are making it tempting to buy one for a DD. Any other benefits you guys like of the V-siexy?"

Lower insurance rates good mileage. Its cheaper, you can pay it off sooner, then put a real engine in it :) I would definitely put a cold air intake and a tune on, the hesitation when stomping the gas is really annoying-Even my wife has noticed it on hers.

Yeah.. that and the rubber steering wheel (base model) are the only issues I can think of off hand.

RicoStang

Reaction score
While I've always noticed real mileage to be a stretch, after almost 24k on my car, I'm noticing gains past what stock says and that is with quite a few mods and 3.31's. I'm sure that will change a decent amount by at least a couple mpg's once I do my 4.10's, but I'm able to achieve 23 city and 30 highway if I drive normally. If I drive how I usually do, I of course average about 16 combined and thats on a good day :drool:

jmstang66

Mayhem Mustang Winner
Reaction score
best I've gotten out of my '12, via dash readout and avg, ranges from 22-26..and the 26 was pushing it past 0 miles to empty

L454S

Retired Wrench
Reaction score
Don't go by the dash readouts, they are very low compared to hand calculations. Hand calc. resulted in about 2 mpg better than dash readout.

spsteevoe

Reaction score
I've found that the dash is usually off by around 2mpg as well. I have a stick though; and with a pretty even split of city/hghwy driving in triple digit heat i've never averaged more than 22mpg. My driving style would'nt really be considered anything else than "spirited".

Keeping the needle below 2k though (in 6th gear thats around 65mph) does jump the efficiency factor quite a bit..... But i've never had my city averages get higher than 22mpg. Ever.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Road tripping in the 6'er next week. Leaving after work Wednesday and should be back Sunday.

South Jersey > Tampa, FL > Summerville, SC > South Jersey.

I'll keep a log of the mpg and post it up here.

Its great, the only thing I'm worried about with this car are the headrests cramping my neck over the long rides!

spsteevoe

Reaction score
Drove from Vegas to west Texas in my (base model) 3.7. Headrest wasn't an issue but at the 3/4 mark i was really wishing i had some lumbar support :p

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Someone needs to twin turbo one of these so they can claim 450+rwhp and 30mpg... while not in boost lol.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Someone needs to twin turbo one of these so they can claim 450+rwhp and 30mpg... while not in boost lol.

It'd be sweet, but I'm not dropping that kind of $$$ on a 6'er... you can get a 5.0 to 60% more hp then that for the same $$$. :beer:

08stang

forum member
Reaction score
what kinda mpg can you get out of these new v6's if you really try to save fuel i would think you could do better than 30-31 i mean i was able to get 31mpg over a 150 mile round trip in my stock 4.6 once when i staid out of the throttle. it was 90% highway driving but still not to bad for car rated at 25mpg highway.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back