Post your garage

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Coming up on 3 years with my Rustoleum floor and have zero issues with peeling, chipping, etc. And this is in WI with quite a wide range of weather that goes from sub zero in the winters to 100 in the summer. For those floors that peeled, it would interesting to see how and what actual prep was completed.

Mine were fairly new (4 years old) when I applied the epoxy and I still probably spent 6 hours plus on each of them degreasing, scrubbing and etching.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I would have loved to do a checker pattern but they were too pricey for me. Ended up painting it instead.

Yeah way overpriced.. Plus depending on the color those floor tiles show dust, tire tracks and footprints pretty easy.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
im looking for something to put on the floor of my trailer, but i dont want

carpeting since most cars i transport leak something, plus flammability
or a floating tile because they will move

or something that gets slippery since i feel like i am always using it in the rain,

i was going to do a diamond plate, but that seems like it would be slippery also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

03machme

forum member
Reaction score
mine for now. until i can get something for the floors and a shed so my wife can park inside.

20130307_153641_zps1acf33e1.jpg

20130307_153652_zps5f39b4fe.jpg

20130307_153712_zps618a1548.jpg

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Once the weather warms up I'm doing the Rustoleum Epoxy kit in grey to match my walls. Can't decide though if I want to put the flek flakes in it though. Also going to top it with their epoxy clear. I've got a couple stress cracks in the floor that need patching. They make an epoxy patch kit as well. It's gotten good reviews. Don't know about you guys but I'm so sick of the dust from the concrete floor. I invested a lot in my garage this year. New T5 HO flouresent lighting, Kobalt wall and floor cabinets, new steel workbench and new paint. Got some cool swag ready to go up on the walls when the floor is done. Can't wait!

I wouldn't skip the flakes. This stuff hardens to a pretty slick finish. I think if it were wet it would be pretty slippery without the flakes. They add some traction and break up the smoothness of the epoxy finish.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
IMO, the flakes don't do that much for traction, but I would strongly recommend using the anti-skid material that comes with the kit (basically, very fine sand). I mixed that into the top clear coat... And even then, the floors can get slippery when wet.

VRYALT3R3D

Reaction score
My garage is an absolute mess. This thread gave me a bunch of good ideas.

Djstorm100

forum member
Reaction score
Here is mine, There is another section for wood working/assembly/disassemble of parts. It's toward the right in the first pictures. Full Air as well. Looking to put a new roof on to get a full lift or move everything over to the new shop 40x52

16274_4654865854966_944053098_n.jpg

19105_4577007948567_1885044155_n.jpg
603007_4577009148597_919238885_n.jpg

644409_4577008108571_1979097237_n.jpg

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
IMO, the flakes don't do that much for traction, but I would strongly recommend using the anti-skid material that comes with the kit (basically, very fine sand). I mixed that into the top clear coat... And even then, the floors can get slippery when wet.

What products did you use to properly clean, degrease and etch the floor prior to painting?

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
What products did you use to properly clean, degrease and etch the floor prior to painting?

I believe the etching mix comes with the Rustoleum kit, but I also picked up some heavy duty degreaser from the same place I bought the epoxy (Menards). For the scrubbing, I used a handled deck cleaning brush for both the degreasing and etching.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kinda dirty being we just moved in.

uny2y8u3.jpg

2nd garage, before I actually moved in.

sy4uvyte.jpg

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I believe the etching mix comes with the Rustoleum kit, but I also picked up some heavy duty degreaser from the same place I bought the epoxy (Menards). For the scrubbing, I used a handled deck cleaning brush for both the degreasing and etching.

Great. I'm looking forward to doing this in the next few weeks when temps come up. I'm going to rent a storage unit for the car and the Hog which sucks but I will need a week or so from start to finish. The only thing left on the garage floor will be my two 72" tall Kobalt floor cabinets and a steel workbench. I figured I might move these from one side to the other and do one 1/4 of the garage where the floor cabs and workbench reside, then slide the cabs and workbench back, then do remaining 3/4's of the floor. However, I'm not sure how long the epoxy dries before putting the cabinets back. I really don't want to have to put the cabs and workbench in storage because of the pain of unloading and transporting them but I will if I have to.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I have 2 garages, so I took a similar approach and did one each weekend. I don't remember the drying time, but I think it was pretty quick (like overnight). Ground temps are important, so just make sure the slab has warmed up enough (per the instructions) before applying the epoxy.

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
Got so much crap in the garage all I can fit in it for now is my bike, which im in the process of doing some heavy maintenance stuff to so I have bike parts scattered about as well. Once that is done then ill be painting the floor and adding some cabinets. I thought about a new tool box but I had mine since 1974. A good paint job on it and it should last another lifetime. I did some cabinets with a diamond plate vinyl tape over the doors and it looks good. I may do the tool box the same way. Pics will follow once I get it done. Kudos to those nice garages pictured here!!

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Nothing fancy with my garage yet, have a ton of ideas though. Just finished this the other day, old refrigerator that we got for free. All the pieces that are black on the inside were silver. Gotta have a beer fridge for the garage!

Attachments

• fridgebefore.jpg
    fridgebefore.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 62
  • fridge2.jpg
    fridge2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 68
  • fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 72

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Moar info on the pink Power Wheels to the far right.

It's a 6 volt Barbie edition with the ultra rare purple tire option, padded roll bar, and still has the factory Barbie radio with interchangeable cd's. Lo range is cool, but high range is pretty quick. Hoping to do a 12 volt upgrade and get it on the dyno in the near future. I will ask my daughter if you can borrow it, but I am a little concerned that you may not be able to handle the power... :moon:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back