Anyone here watch collectors ?

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Whats up everyone Ive always been a watch fanatic but could never afford the ones I really want at least not yet . But any ways Im always intersted to see what everyone else has in their watch collection I had a few until I got rid of some of them now Im down to two. So everyone post up some pics of your watch collection if have one ? Id like to get some ideas on what I want to purchase for my next time piece. Thanks.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
2 Years ago i got my first "Big Boy" watch, my father came accross a smoking deal and bought it, he let me pay him back over a few months.

Its a Panerai Ferrari GMT, 425 of 500, Swiss Made Automatic, 100m of depth water proof, Saphire Crystal glass, came with a Rubber strap and a Croc strap.

Id love to collect them but fine quality watches are expensive and i have been dumping money into the Mustang, hahaha.

2010-01-09160202.jpg

Ferrari_GMT_Side_web.jpg

Ferrari_GMT_New_Buckle_web.jpg

2010-01-09160951.jpg

The day i bought the Saleen, coming from the bank...

TimetomaketheDonuts.jpg

Ferrari_GMT_Dot_web.jpg

Last edited:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I bloody love watches!

Not great pics at all, but I have an IWC Spitfire Chronograph......

RA-A-CBViennaEdit-1.jpg

3717-02.jpg

and a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph...

04102007685.jpg

OMEGA%2BSeamaster%2BPlanet%2BOcean%2B45.5mm%2B01.jpg

I very rarely wear either nowadays.

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
I love omegas I want the James bond one but a little steep for me considering I could put that money towards a supercharger for the stang one of these days I'll own one keep em coming guys I searched the hobbies threads and didn't find a watch one so.....

Sent from your moms phone

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
2 Years ago i got my first "Big Boy" watch, my father came accross a smoking deal and bought it, he let me pay him back over a few months.

Its a Panerai Ferrari GMT, 425 of 500, Swiss Made Automatic, 100m of depth water proof, Saphire Crystal glass, came with a Rubber strap and a Croc strap.

Id love to collect them but fine quality watches are expensive and i have been dumping money into the Mustang, hahaha.

I love Panerai and that's a beaut mate! My next watch will most likely be a Panerai, or a Bell & Ross Phantom Chronograph...

20110517_035509.jpg

I like big watches!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I like big watches too but haven't spent a lot on them like some of you. I did just buy this rip curl watch from sports authority since I loved the look.

cd3cfbae.jpg

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
If you like big watches you like Invictas? I had one and it crapped out me I liked it but didn't last long

I'm not a big fan of them, especially now that you told me yours crapped out on you! :laughlots:

I like big watches too but haven't spent a lot on them like some of you. I did just buy this rip curl watch from sports authority since I loved the look.

I like that mate, do you know the model name or number?

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Rip curl undercover

Thanks bud.

Look what I just found whilst browsing the Rip Curl watches...

MD.jpg

Pretty similar to the Bell & Ross Phantom that I posted, except 1/20th the price! I might have to snag myself one! lol

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I wa surprised by some of the rip curl watches inside the store. Look real fancy at a fraction of the cost! I got mine for about $135

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not a collector, but I do LOVE watches.
I have two now that I wear often, it gets too expensive to keep buying them!
Tag Hauer Formula 1
unnamed.jpg

and my favorite, Burberry
916966_fpx.jpg

sum-day

Reaction score
I'll play, here are mine. Just started getting into the "nice" watch idea

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326676583832.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326676583832.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326676605660.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326676605660.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 52

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I'm not a collector, but I do LOVE watches.
I have two now that I wear often, it gets too expensive to keep buying them!
Tag Hauer Formula 1
unnamed.jpg

and my favorite, Burberry
916966_fpx.jpg

Just about picked up a formula 1 on my Disney cruise last week. I'm sporting am Omega sea master just like Bond James Bond. I'll post up a picket a little later.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Charlie, That is a fine collection you have got. IWC is the SHIT...

Im in the hunt for a 90's Seamaster with the Triangle at 12 as opposed to the newer design that has the right side up "=" sign, i want the 44mm, Blue face, i plan on retro fitting the Black/SS bezel from the SS face model and wear it on a black NATO strap. The Seamaster is holding value well, hard to that model under 1,000 USD, even beat up...

My father got me into watches, (hes got an AP Royal Oak offshore), hes been out to the Basel World show a couple times and we always go when they come to NYC for the smaller traveling version. The precision and ingenuity of design blows me away, the more I learn about them, them more im amazed. Its so creative, its like building a chopper/Hot Rod only with rare earth and tighter tolerances.

This is my beater, Suunto X-Lander, had it since 2002 and its still kicking ass, all it requires it new strap and battery every 2 years. Compass, Berometer, Atlimiter, 45mm.

2012-01-16002015.jpg

imgres
itemPics.aspx

imgres

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
I've got a hand me down Rolex and a Tag, both automatics that I keep in the safe in winders. Hardly ever gets worn. A Tissot that is worn quite frequently. A bunch of beater seikos that never get worn any more. A recently acquired Omega Speedmaster Chrono. And my favorite new watch I got in Vegas at the Tourneau store.

Been wearing the shit out of it.
216687_2144088488965_1448829296_2290193_703569_n.jpg

Hope to jump up to IWC, Panerai or Patek soon!

Edit: Also bought a nice Croton dive watch from sams club. Yes sams club.

Last edited:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Charlie, That is a fine collection you have got. IWC is the SHIT...

Im in the hunt for a 90's Seamaster with the Triangle at 12 as opposed to the newer design that has the right side up "=" sign, i want the 44mm, Blue face, i plan on retro fitting the Black/SS bezel from the SS face model and wear it on a black NATO strap. The Seamaster is holding value well, hard to that model under 1,000 USD, even beat up...

My father got me into watches, (hes got an AP Royal Oak offshore), hes been out to the Basel World show a couple times and we always go when they come to NYC for the smaller traveling version. The precision and ingenuity of design blows me away, the more I learn about them, them more im amazed. Its so creative, its like building a chopper/Hot Rod only with rare earth and tighter tolerances.

This is my beater, Suunto X-Lander, had it since 2002 and its still kicking ass, all it requires it new strap and battery every 2 years. Compass, Berometer, Atlimiter, 45mm.

2012-01-16002015.jpg

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-mens-watch-25721ti-oo-1000ti-04.jpg

547_Audemars_Piguet_Royal_Oak_Offshore_Chrono_SS__Blue__SS_01.jpg

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-mens-watch-25721ti-oo-1000ti-04.jpg

Thanks mate.

Great Suunto you've got there, I need to get one. I especially like that strap you have.

That Seamaster you're after sounds lush. Good luck finding it :thumb2:

Audemars Piguet are lovely watches. I love that blue face & chronograph buttons.

I've got a hand me down Rolex and a Tag, both automatics that I keep in the safe in winders. Hardly ever gets worn. A Tissot that is worn quite frequently. A bunch of beater seikos that never get worn any more. A recently acquired Omega Speedmaster Chrono. And my favorite new watch I got in Vegas at the Tourneau store.

Been wearing the shit out of it.
216687_2144088488965_1448829296_2290193_703569_n.jpg

Hope to jump up to IWC, Panerai or Patek soon!

Edit: Also bought a nice Croton dive watch from sams club. Yes sams club.

Beautiful Bell & Ross mate! :beer:

Patek Philippe are beautiful watches, you can't find much better, but they're too small and delicate for my liking... not that I'd ever turn one down and they do look pukka when when worn with a nice whistle! :beerdrink:

IWC FTW...

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Nice Bell & Ross Godzirra! Charlie, the Monochromastic face on the B&R your looking at is very kool. I love the B&R dials but the Square case is not my first choice but now that i have a round shaped watch, perhaps its time for a square, i cant think of a cooler square watch then a B&R.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back