New Livernois Motorsports Cam Phaser Limiters

mike@livernois

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I appreciate it. :beer:

It was good to work with all you guys. I am glad everybody has had good luck with our stuff and customer service.

I have been busy working on a bunch of different little projects here and there. It's hectic as always of course but when I do get a free chance I like to dabble in some of these new gadgets like these phaser limiters. The other things like drainback kit and solid lockouts were something I had been kicking around for a while and had done on some of the racing engines we built so it only made sense to make a kit or part for the general public that did the same thing.

Currently I am working on a very cool little project. I started it a while ago and have not had a chance to get back to it but it should be worth at least 10-15HP on every modular engine out there. Again it's just another racing mod that I was doing for a while that made sense to make for the public. Sorry for tease but it should be out here shortly.

So if any of you guys want to chat ever just give me a call or email or something. I will try and pop on here more often and help where I can.

Thanks
Mike Schropp

eng943

forum member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was hoping for. I have the lockouts, and have been lamanting the slight loss of power. I'll be replacing the lockouts with these.

Ketone

Reaction score
2 questions for you:

It seems like the Comp Cams phaser limiter kit accomplishes the same thing without any moving parts. Can you tell me the pro's and con's of the two different designs besides the price?

What is included in a "set" of your limiters? Is it just two, one for each side, or is it ten so you put one in each opening?

Thanks.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
2 questions for you:

It seems like the Comp Cams phaser limiter kit accomplishes the same thing without any moving parts. Can you tell me the pro's and con's of the two different designs besides the price?

What is included in a "set" of your limiters? Is it just two, one for each side, or is it ten so you put one in each opening?

Thanks.

I will let Mike answer the technical part of the question, as he designed this kit and could answer it better than I can.

Our kit includes two limiters, one for each side.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

mike@livernois

Official Vendor
Reaction score
2 questions for you:

Thanks.

Thanks for the question.

The Comp Cams kit does do the same thing. Both products while different in design perform the same function. They both limit the total travel of the phaser to a max of about 20 degrees.

Not counting the price which was one of the original reasons we came out with our own kit the other benefit for us here at the shop was ease of installation. The Comp kit requires you to disassemble the phaser to a further degree than our kit does. Our kit requires removal of the backing plated and inserting the lockout pieces. The Comp kit requires changing of the plate completely over to there part. The only issue I saw with that was that there are a lot of small pieces and springs that hold the unit together and taking the entire unit apart for somebody that was not entirely familiar with where all the little springs and pieces went was not the best idea to me. It seemed to me there would be a higher chance of error. So I was looking for the simplest solution that got the job done.

So again both pieces perform the same function. The real benefits our unit offer are ease of installation and price.

If you have any other questions just let me know and I would be glad to help.

Thanks
Mike

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Currently I am working on a very cool little project. I started it a while ago and have not had a chance to get back to it but it should be worth at least 10-15HP on every modular engine out there. Again it's just another racing mod that I was doing for a while that made sense to make for the public. Sorry for tease but it should be out here shortly.

Thanks
Mike Schropp

now how are you gonna come on here and say something like that without even giving us pics or tell us what it is lol

46addict

Reaction score

Nice thread revival. I wonder if this product ever went through production.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
It's too bad everyone is on FB now, nobody sees what happens when you push these limiters.

Attachments

• phasers.jpg
    phasers.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 9

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I've had excellent results with them. Only pushed the motor to 699rwhp though. I also only commanded 10 degrees of retard...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back